MotoGP 2017: Marc Marquez takes eighth straight Sachsenring win
Marc Marquez took an unbelievable eighth win in a row at the Sachsenring. The Spanish rider, who races for the Repsol Honda team, has now won at the Sachsenring for five years in a row in the MotoGP class, and the preceding three years in the lower categories of the GP motorcycle racing.
Marc Marquez celebrates his win at the Sachsenring
And while Marquez's achievements were certainly in the spotlight at Sachsenring, there was another rider who came very close to stealing the Spaniard's thunder. This was German rider Jonas Folger. The home hero finished the race second, having led for some distance on his Monster Tech 3 Yamaha. Third place went to Marquez's Repsol Honda team-mate, Dani Pedrosa.
Marquez leads from home hero Jonas Folger at Sachsenring
Finishing three seconds off the podium was Maverick Vinales on his Movistar Yamaha M1, having started the race in eleventh position. Valentino Rossi, who won the last round of the championship - the DutchGP, took fifth place. Alvaro Bautista, astride the Aspar Ducati took sixth place.
Marc Marquez celebrates on the podium with team-mate Dani Pedrosa who finished third at Sachsenring
Aleix Espargaro took seventh place, a good result for Gresini Aprilia. While Andrea Dovizioso took eighth place on the factory Ducati. Ninth place went to Folger's slightly higher profile team-mate Johann Zarco, while Cal Crutchlow rounded off the top 10.
The lead in the MotoGP championship now goes to Marc Marquez, who has a five point advantage over Vinales. Andrea Dovizioso, who took two wins earlier this season, is a point adrift of the Yamaha rider, while Valentino Rossi trails him by four points.
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra extends his lead after SS5
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts
- News2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen reveals I. D. R Pikes Peak prototype racer
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launch - LIVE updates
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018: CS Santosh leads Moto class after Leg 2
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift spotted undisguised before April launch
- NewsTata Motors to raise car prices by up to Rs 60,000 in India