MotoGP 2017: Maverick Vinales on pole at Misano
Maverick Vinales will start the 2017 San Marino MotoGP round at Misano on pole position. The Yamaha rider, riding solo for the Japanese squad after Valentino Rossi's injury, narrowly beat out Andrea Dovizioso to the top stop of the grid.
Maverick Vinales will start the San Marino MotoGP race on pole
Vinales' pole lap time was 1min 32.439sec, 0.162sec ahead of Ducati rider Dovizioso.
Lining up in third position on the grid, completing the front row, is Repsol Honda's defending champion Marc Marquez. It was a tough run for the Spaniard, who fell on Turn 15 on the second lap of his final run.
The second row of the grid sees LCR Honda's Cal Crutchlow in fourth position, with Ducati's Jorge Lorenzo and Monster Yamaha Tech 3's Johann Zarco lining up in fifth and sixth position.
Seventh place on the grid goes to Dani Pedrosa, while Danilo Petruci starts eighth and Aleix Espargaro lines up in ninth. Aspar Ducati's Alvaro Bautista, Ducati wild-card rider Michele Pirro, and Aspar Ducati's Karel Abraham rounded off the Qualifying 2 competitors.
Dovizioso currently has a 9-point lead over Marquez in the championship.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Clarity fuel cell FCV
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha M-Slaz
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Creon concept