MotoGP 2017: Maverick Vinales on pole at Misano
Maverick Vinales will start the 2017 San Marino MotoGP round at Misano on pole position. The Yamaha rider, riding solo for the Japanese squad after Valentino Rossi's injury, narrowly beat out Andrea Dovizioso to the top stop of the grid.
Maverick Vinales will start the San Marino MotoGP race on pole
Vinales' pole lap time was 1min 32.439sec, 0.162sec ahead of Ducati rider Dovizioso.
Lining up in third position on the grid, completing the front row, is Repsol Honda's defending champion Marc Marquez. It was a tough run for the Spaniard, who fell on Turn 15 on the second lap of his final run.
The second row of the grid sees LCR Honda's Cal Crutchlow in fourth position, with Ducati's Jorge Lorenzo and Monster Yamaha Tech 3's Johann Zarco lining up in fifth and sixth position.
Seventh place on the grid goes to Dani Pedrosa, while Danilo Petruci starts eighth and Aleix Espargaro lines up in ninth. Aspar Ducati's Alvaro Bautista, Ducati wild-card rider Michele Pirro, and Aspar Ducati's Karel Abraham rounded off the Qualifying 2 competitors.
Dovizioso currently has a 9-point lead over Marquez in the championship.
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Presso spotted undisguised ahead of India launch on September 30
- News2020 Tata Nexon facelift spotted testing again
- NewsImage Gallery: 2020 Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin unveiled internationally
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq and Superb Corporate editions launched, starting at Rs 25.99 lakh
- NewsMahindra XUV300 automatic now available W6 variant - price starts at 9.99 lakh