MotoGP 2017: Maverick Vinales on pole at Misano
Maverick Vinales will start the 2017 San Marino MotoGP round at Misano on pole position. The Yamaha rider, riding solo for the Japanese squad after Valentino Rossi's injury, narrowly beat out Andrea Dovizioso to the top stop of the grid.
Maverick Vinales will start the San Marino MotoGP race on pole
Vinales' pole lap time was 1min 32.439sec, 0.162sec ahead of Ducati rider Dovizioso.
Lining up in third position on the grid, completing the front row, is Repsol Honda's defending champion Marc Marquez. It was a tough run for the Spaniard, who fell on Turn 15 on the second lap of his final run.
The second row of the grid sees LCR Honda's Cal Crutchlow in fourth position, with Ducati's Jorge Lorenzo and Monster Yamaha Tech 3's Johann Zarco lining up in fifth and sixth position.
Seventh place on the grid goes to Dani Pedrosa, while Danilo Petruci starts eighth and Aleix Espargaro lines up in ninth. Aspar Ducati's Alvaro Bautista, Ducati wild-card rider Michele Pirro, and Aspar Ducati's Karel Abraham rounded off the Qualifying 2 competitors.
Dovizioso currently has a 9-point lead over Marquez in the championship.
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000