MotoGP 2017: Maverick Vinales on pole at Misano
Maverick Vinales will start the 2017 San Marino MotoGP round at Misano on pole position. The Yamaha rider, riding solo for the Japanese squad after Valentino Rossi's injury, narrowly beat out Andrea Dovizioso to the top stop of the grid.
Maverick Vinales will start the San Marino MotoGP race on pole
Vinales' pole lap time was 1min 32.439sec, 0.162sec ahead of Ducati rider Dovizioso.
Lining up in third position on the grid, completing the front row, is Repsol Honda's defending champion Marc Marquez. It was a tough run for the Spaniard, who fell on Turn 15 on the second lap of his final run.
The second row of the grid sees LCR Honda's Cal Crutchlow in fourth position, with Ducati's Jorge Lorenzo and Monster Yamaha Tech 3's Johann Zarco lining up in fifth and sixth position.
Seventh place on the grid goes to Dani Pedrosa, while Danilo Petruci starts eighth and Aleix Espargaro lines up in ninth. Aspar Ducati's Alvaro Bautista, Ducati wild-card rider Michele Pirro, and Aspar Ducati's Karel Abraham rounded off the Qualifying 2 competitors.
Dovizioso currently has a 9-point lead over Marquez in the championship.
- NewsPrices of Renault Kwid hatchback to be hiked by three per cent from April 1 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's new six-speed transmission spotted
- NewsBajaj and Piaggio auto rickshaws in UK as Ola starts service in Liverpool
- NewsF1: Mick Schumacher to make Formula 1 debut at Bahrain young drivers test
- NewsBSVI updated 2019 Aprilia SR125 scooter spotted uncamouflaged on test
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip