MotoGP 2017: Vinales claims Aragon pole as Rossi qualifies third
Despite having one injured rider, Movistar Yamaha had an excellent qualifying session at the Aragon GP. Maverick Vinales took pole position for the team, setting the fastest lap time all afternoon - 1min 47.635sec.
Movistar Yamaha's Maverick Vinales took pole position at the Aragon GP, while injured Valentino Rossi qualified third.
The big surprise came courtesy his team-mate, Valentino Rossi, who was riding a little over 20 days after breaking his tibia and fibula, who took third spot on the grid, with a timing of 1min 47.815sec. Splitting the two Yamaha riders was Ducati's Jorge Lorenzo, who qualified second-fastest (1min 47.735sec).
Indeed, it looked like it was going to be Repsol Honda's Marc Marquez who would be on pole position at Aragon, however, the Spaniard fell on his very last run, and thus was relegated to fifth position on the grid. This was one spot behind LCR Honda's Cal Crutchlow, who took fourth position. The second Repsol Honda of Dani Pedrosa completes the second row of the grid, with a sixth-fastest qualifying time.
The third row of the grid sees Ducati's Andrea Dovizioso lining up seventh, with Aprilia's Aleix Espargaro eighth and Aspar Ducati's Alvaro Bautista ninth.
Tenth on the timesheets went to Andrea Iannone, with Johann Zarco eleventh, and Mika Kallio taking the twelfth spot on the grid.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far