MotoGP 2017: Vinales claims Aragon pole as Rossi qualifies third
Despite having one injured rider, Movistar Yamaha had an excellent qualifying session at the Aragon GP. Maverick Vinales took pole position for the team, setting the fastest lap time all afternoon - 1min 47.635sec.
Movistar Yamaha's Maverick Vinales took pole position at the Aragon GP, while injured Valentino Rossi qualified third.
The big surprise came courtesy his team-mate, Valentino Rossi, who was riding a little over 20 days after breaking his tibia and fibula, who took third spot on the grid, with a timing of 1min 47.815sec. Splitting the two Yamaha riders was Ducati's Jorge Lorenzo, who qualified second-fastest (1min 47.735sec).
Indeed, it looked like it was going to be Repsol Honda's Marc Marquez who would be on pole position at Aragon, however, the Spaniard fell on his very last run, and thus was relegated to fifth position on the grid. This was one spot behind LCR Honda's Cal Crutchlow, who took fourth position. The second Repsol Honda of Dani Pedrosa completes the second row of the grid, with a sixth-fastest qualifying time.
The third row of the grid sees Ducati's Andrea Dovizioso lining up seventh, with Aprilia's Aleix Espargaro eighth and Aspar Ducati's Alvaro Bautista ninth.
Tenth on the timesheets went to Andrea Iannone, with Johann Zarco eleventh, and Mika Kallio taking the twelfth spot on the grid.
Team OD | 13 Jun 2018
Team OD | 11 Jun 2018
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs 9.99 lakh
- NewsMotoGP 2018 : Jorge Lorenzo wins the Catalan GP
- NewsAudi global CEO Rupert Stadler arrested over Dieselgate scandal
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four meter SUV test mule spotted
- NewsRoyal Enfield unveils three new 650 parallel twin-based custom motorcycles at Wheels and Waves 2018
- NewsMercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launched in India at Rs 2.55 crore (ex showroom India)
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launch in India
- NewsHonda and Delhi Police educate 1,000 kids about road safety awareness
- NewsIsuzu introduces X-Power variants of the D-Max and the MU-X
- NewsImage gallery: BMW 8 Series coupe