MotoGP 2018: Andrea Dovizioso takes pole at Brno
In a thrilling qualifying battle at the Czech MotoGP at Brno, Andrea Dovizioso clinched a fine pole position after a scorcher of a last lap to take pole position. Ducati's Dovi managed to pip both Yamaha's Valentino Rossi and Repsol Honda's Marc Marquez to the front of the grid with a time of 1min 54.689sec.
Andrea Dovizioso on his way to pole for Ducati at the 2018 Czech MotoGP
Jorge Lorenzo qualified fourth on the grid in the second Ducati, with LCR Honda's Cal Crutchlow in fifth place. Rounding off the second row of the grid was Pramac Ducati's Danilo Petrucci who set the sixth fastest lap time.
Andrea Dovizioso celebrates pole at Brno
Johann Zarco took seventh place on the grid, followed by Andrea Iannone and Alex Rins on the Suzukis.
The fourth row of the grid is occupied by Dani Pedrosa, Tito Rabat and Maverick Vinales.
- ReviewComparison test: MG Hector vs Tata Harrier
- News2020 BSVI Royal Enfield Classic spotted once again - launch expected early next year
- NewsBajaj CT110 launched in India - prices start at Rs 37,997
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street maxi-scooter now gets a matte black colour on offer
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ertiga XL6 Cross MPV spotted ahead of its launch on August 21