MotoGP 2018: Andrea Dovizioso takes victory at Misano
Andrea Dovizioso took his third win of the 2018 MotoGP season, with a fine victory at Misano. Ducati's Dovi managed to finish ahead of Repsol Honda's Marc Marquez, as Jorge Lorenzo crashed out on the penultimate lap of the race. Dovizioso had managed to get ahead of Lorenzo on the sixth lap of the race. And while Marquez and Lorenzo battled it out on track, Dovizioso was busy pulling away at the head of the field.
Andrea Dovizioso celebrates his third win of the 2018 MotoGP season with victory at Misano
Towards the end of the race, it seemed like the battle between Lorenzo and Marquez was going to swing in the favour of the Ducati rider, until Lorenzo ended up crashing out at Turn 8 of the track. Even though he would manage to get back on track after his crash, he would finish no higher than 17th place. It was Marquez who was promoted to second place, with Cal Crutchlow in third place for LCR Honda. It was to be the Briton's first trip to the podium since his victory at Argentina earlier this year.
Finishing fourth for Suzuki was Alex Rins, while Yamaha's Maverick Vinales finished fifth, while his team-mate Valentino Rossi had to make do with seventh place. Dani Pedrosa finished sixth, splitting the two Yamaha riders.
Andrea Iannone finished eighth for Suzuki, with Alvaro Bautista ninth for Angel Nieto Ducati, and Tech 3's Johann Zarco finishing 10th.
Danilo Petrucci took eleventh place for Pramac Ducati, having stalled his motorcycle on the warm-up lap. However he still managed to do better than his team-mate Jack Miller, who had qualified on the front row of the grid, but only managed to finish 18th after a crash early on in the race.
Twelfth place went to Franco Morbidelli, while Takaaki Nakagami took thirteenth, ahead of Aleix Espargaro and Michele Pirro, the last of the points finishers.
Team OD | 23 Jan 2019
Team OD | 21 Jan 2019
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz V-Class MPV India launch
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches V-Class in India at Rs 68.40 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz V-Class MPV India launch
- NewsTriumph Factory Custom Thruxton unveiled, will be a limited edition offering
- NewsSpec Comparo: Tata Harrier v Jeep Compass v Hyundai Creta v Mahindra XUV500 v Renault Captur
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani