MotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez emerges victorious at Spanish GP
Victory at the MotoGP round at Jerez, Spain, went to Marc Marquez. The Repsol Honda rider beat out Tech 3 Yamaha's Johann Zarco, and Ecstar Suzuki's Andrea Iannone to get to the top step of the podium. The win allowed him to take the lead of the riders' championship, in a race that saw the likes of Cal Crutchlow, Andrea Dovizioso, Jorge Lorenzo and Dani Pedrosa all crash out.
Marc Marquez celebrates victory at Jerez, the fourth round of the 2018 MotoGP championship
While it was LCR Honda's Cal Crutchlow who was on pole for the 2018 Spanish GP, Marc Marquez muscled to the front of the pack on the ninth lap, taking the lead from Jorge Lorenzo, who had led the race in the early stages.
Marc Marquez leading the pack at the 2018 MotoGP round at Jerez
Behind him, Ducati's Andrea Dovizioso moved into third place, getting the better of Marquez's team-mate Dani Pedrosa. When Dovizioso attempted to get past Lorenzo, on the 18th lap of the race, he outbraked himself and ran wide. Pedrosa decided to try and get past both the Ducatis on the inside of the corner, but Lorenzo, who had been forced off the line, then moved back on, making contact with the Repsol Honda. The result was all three riders crashing hard.
Marc Marquez celebrates his victory at Jerez
This left the field clear for Marquez, who seemed set for a sure victory, with Zarco now up in second place. Behind Zarco, a battle raged between Iannone, Danilo Petrucci, Jack Miller and Valentino Rossi, all vying for the final spot on the podium. Eventually, Iannone would make it to third place, with Petrucci taking fourth, Rossi moving up into fifth place, while Jack Miller had to settle for sixth place.
Maverick Vinales took seventh for Yamaha, while Alvaro Bautista finished eighth, Franco Marbidelli took ninth place, and Mika Kallio, KTM's wildcard rider, beat both the regular riders (Pol Espargaro and Bradley Smith) to take tenth.
- News2019 Ducati Diavel 1260 S: All you need to know
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip