MotoGP: Dani Pedrosa signs on as test rider for Red Bull KTM
Dani Pedrosa has signed on as test rider for Red Bull KTM. The Spaniard, who announced his retirement from competitive MotoGP earlier this year, has accepted a two-year role with the Austrian manufacturer.
Confirmation of this decision came through at Phillip Island, where the Australian round of MotoGP is being held this weekend. Pedrosa will work alongside current test rider Mika Kallio.
Having the wealth of experience that Pedrosa brings with him is likely to benefit KTM as the team begins their assault on the 2019 season of the championship. KTM has signed on rider Johann Zarco to partner Pol Espargaro next year. And the team has acquired the Tech 3 outfit as their satellite team, with Miguel Oliveira and Hafizh Syahrin as riders.
Pedrosa has competed for Honda for a period of 18 years. He won the 125cc world title for them in 2003, took two back-to-back 250cc world titles in 2004 and 2005, before coming close to winning the 2006 MotoGP title.
- News2019 Mercedes Benz GLC Coupe unveiled - India bound?
- NewsToyota will borrow Maruti Suzuki's platform to produce their version of the Ertiga
- Review2019 BMW F 750 GS first ride review
- NewsPower parts and other accessories for the KTM 790 Duke
- NewsBenelli India receives 150 bookings for TRK 502 and TRK 502X