MotoGP: Dani Pedrosa signs on as test rider for Red Bull KTM
Dani Pedrosa has signed on as test rider for Red Bull KTM. The Spaniard, who announced his retirement from competitive MotoGP earlier this year, has accepted a two-year role with the Austrian manufacturer.
Confirmation of this decision came through at Phillip Island, where the Australian round of MotoGP is being held this weekend. Pedrosa will work alongside current test rider Mika Kallio.
Having the wealth of experience that Pedrosa brings with him is likely to benefit KTM as the team begins their assault on the 2019 season of the championship. KTM has signed on rider Johann Zarco to partner Pol Espargaro next year. And the team has acquired the Tech 3 outfit as their satellite team, with Miguel Oliveira and Hafizh Syahrin as riders.
Pedrosa has competed for Honda for a period of 18 years. He won the 125cc world title for them in 2003, took two back-to-back 250cc world titles in 2004 and 2005, before coming close to winning the 2006 MotoGP title.
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019