MotoGP: Johann Zarco heads to KTM in 2019
It's official. Johann Zarco will race for KTM in 2019 and 2020, having signed on as a factory rider with the Austrian outfit. The Frenchman, who only made his MotoGP debut with the Monster Yamaha Tech3 team last year, has already scored four podiums, has been on pole thrice, and has led races too. Zarco will partner Pol Espargaro at KTM, replacing Bradley Smith.
Johann Zarco will ride for the KTM factory team in 2019 and 2020
Rumours linking Zarco to KTM have been floating around since November 2017. However, there was some speculation as to whether Zarco might find a spot with the Suzuki factory team, which ultimately didn't happen. Zarco being signed by the factory KTM team is a sign not only of his significance as a rider, but also his future as a potential MotoGP winner and world champion.
Before he embarked on his grand prix racing career, Zarco won the Red Bull Rookies Cup championship, back in 2007. He has since won the Moto2 title twice, and is currently tied for fourth in the MotoGP championship standings with Cal Crutchlow.
- NewsRadically-styled 2021 BMW M3 and M4 revealed
- OpinionNew Mahindra Thar Has Got Great Response, But Has It Missed A Trick Or Two?
- News2020 Toyota Urban Cruiser price comparison vs Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV300 and Ford EcoSport
- News2020 Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 Coupe SUV launched in India at Rs 1.2 crore
- NewsLive Updates: Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 India launch