MotoGP: Johann Zarco heads to KTM in 2019
It's official. Johann Zarco will race for KTM in 2019 and 2020, having signed on as a factory rider with the Austrian outfit. The Frenchman, who only made his MotoGP debut with the Monster Yamaha Tech3 team last year, has already scored four podiums, has been on pole thrice, and has led races too. Zarco will partner Pol Espargaro at KTM, replacing Bradley Smith.
Johann Zarco will ride for the KTM factory team in 2019 and 2020
Rumours linking Zarco to KTM have been floating around since November 2017. However, there was some speculation as to whether Zarco might find a spot with the Suzuki factory team, which ultimately didn't happen. Zarco being signed by the factory KTM team is a sign not only of his significance as a rider, but also his future as a potential MotoGP winner and world champion.
Before he embarked on his grand prix racing career, Zarco won the Red Bull Rookies Cup championship, back in 2007. He has since won the Moto2 title twice, and is currently tied for fourth in the MotoGP championship standings with Cal Crutchlow.
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
- NewsEESL puts second tender to acquire 10,000 EVs on hold
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 68,000
- NewsLive Updates: Suzuki Burgman Street 125 India launch
- News2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Polestar 1 production-spec prototype debuts
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 3.49 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'