MotoGP: Marc Marquez storms to Catalunya pole
Marc Marquez will start his home race, the Catalunya GP in 2016, on pole
Marc Marquez took pole at the 2016 Catalunya GP, his first at the track since he moved up to MotoGP, by 0.476sec.
Second place on the grid went to championship leader Jorge Lorenzo, while Marquez's team-mate Dani Pedrosa completed the front row at a track that seems to suit the Repsol Hondas very well.
Hector Barbera lines up at the head of Row 2, with Valentino Rossi only able to manage fifth and Suzuki's Maverick Vinales not able to do better than sixth, despite showing plenty of promise during practice.
Cal Crutchlow took seventh spot, with Andrea Iannone eighth and Danilo Petrucci taking ninth to complete Row 3 of the grid. Row four see Andrea Dovizioso, Scott Redding and Pol Espargaro line up alongside each other.
Following Luis Salom's crash on Friday, the riders are now competing on a revised layout of the F1 circuit at Catalunya.
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000