MotoGP: Marquez on pole at Sepang
It was an exciting qualifying session at Sepang, and a particularly good one for fans of Number 46 and Marquez the Merciless as well. Aiding matters for the riders was the fact that it rained at Sepang a few minutes before the session began. What that meant was that the track temperatures dropped a little, ensuring the front runners set their fastest times towards the end of the session.
Marc Marquez on his way to pole position at Sepang
Qualifying on pole for was rookie Marc Marquez, who just pipped Valentino Rossi to pole position. Marquez shattered the pole lap record at Sepang with a time of 2min 011secs. Rossi, who looked for a while like he would claim his first pole position of the season, managed a time that was 0.325 seconds off Marquez's record-breaking lap. The second-place qualifying position is the Doctor's best performance in qualifying all year. Third in qualifying went to Cal Crutchlow, despite an injured arm after the crash at Silverstone.
Jorge Lorenzo's qualifying session wasn't particularly easy, with the Yamaha rider suffering a hairy moment near Turn 7. After pulling into the pits, Lorenzo started picking up his pace once back out on track. The Yamaha rider's times improved, taking him to the top of the timing sheets, albeit only temporarily. Lorenzo had to settle for fourth place on the grid. Fifth went to Dani Pedrosa, with Alvaro Bautista, Bradley Smith, Andrea Dovizioso, Aleix Espargaro and Andrea Iannone rounding off the top 10.
- NewsMaruti Suzuki appoints Shashank Srivastava as marketing and sales head
- NewsRenault HBC compact SUV to come in 2020
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno hatchback introduced with a new BSVI compliant engine and new hybrid technology
- Review2019 BMW Z4 road test review
- News2019 Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 facelift spotted undisguised
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip