MotoGP: Maverick Vinales signs with Movistar Yamaha for 2017
It has now been confirmed that Maverick Vinales will make a move from Team Suzuki Ecstar to Movistar Yamaha for the 2017 MotoGP season. Vinales, will replace three-time world champion, Jorge Lorenzo, who recently announced his move to Ducati for the 2017 and 2018 seasons. The 21-year-old Spaniard, will partner Valentino Rossi for the next two MotoGP seasons.
Vinales' move to Yamaha has been brewing for a while now, and he has spoken out on how difficult it was for him to make the decision, stating to the media that Suzuki's support of him over the years has been terrific.
Suzuki also issued a statement, thanking Vinales for his contribution to the development of the GSX-RR: "All the Suzuki family is extremely grateful to Vinales for his contribution to the growth of the MotoGP project and the development of the GSX-RR, as well as for the great results they have achieved together"
Filling the void Vinales left at Suzuki, is ex-Ducati rider Andrea Iannone. Iannone had lost his seat at Ducati recently when the team decided to go with Andrea Dovizioso alongside the incoming Lorenzo. Who will join the team alongside Iannone, however, is a question that yet goes unanswered by Suzuki.
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300
- NewsKia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.71 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Kia Sonet India launch, prices, specs, details, variants, engines and features unveiled