MotoGP: Maverick Vinales signs with Movistar Yamaha for 2017
It has now been confirmed that Maverick Vinales will make a move from Team Suzuki Ecstar to Movistar Yamaha for the 2017 MotoGP season. Vinales, will replace three-time world champion, Jorge Lorenzo, who recently announced his move to Ducati for the 2017 and 2018 seasons. The 21-year-old Spaniard, will partner Valentino Rossi for the next two MotoGP seasons.
Vinales' move to Yamaha has been brewing for a while now, and he has spoken out on how difficult it was for him to make the decision, stating to the media that Suzuki's support of him over the years has been terrific.
Suzuki also issued a statement, thanking Vinales for his contribution to the development of the GSX-RR: "All the Suzuki family is extremely grateful to Vinales for his contribution to the growth of the MotoGP project and the development of the GSX-RR, as well as for the great results they have achieved together"
Filling the void Vinales left at Suzuki, is ex-Ducati rider Andrea Iannone. Iannone had lost his seat at Ducati recently when the team decided to go with Andrea Dovizioso alongside the incoming Lorenzo. Who will join the team alongside Iannone, however, is a question that yet goes unanswered by Suzuki.
- NewsAudi Sport unveils the updated Audi R8 for 2019
- Features2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic - things you will like, and some you may not
- FeaturesMG Motor India: What we'd like to see in their first SUV
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video