MotoGP: Nineteen-race provisional calendar announced for 2019
MotoGP has announced a 19-race provisional calendar for the 2019 season of racing.
The season will begin in Qatar on the 10th of March 2019, followed by a two weekend gap and a race in Argentina. This will be followed by another two weekend gap before the round at the COTA. Following which the European leg of the championship will begin.
It is also being reported that in 2020, the gap between races at the start of the season will reduce with Mexico either preceeding or following COTA.
The 2019 season will conclude in Valencia on November 17.
While the 2019 season does not feature either the new Finnish round or the Mexican round, European rounds might be dropped to make room for these races in 2020.
Provisional 2019 MotoGP calendar:
Round 1: 10 March Qatar
Round 2: 31 March Argentina
Round 3: 14 April Americas
Round 4: 5 May Spain
Round 5: 19 May France
Round 6: 2 June Italy
Round 7: 16 June Catalunya
Round 8: 30 June Netherlands
Round 9: 7 July Germany
Round 10: 4 August Czech Republic
Round 11: 11 August Austria
Round 12: 25 August Great Britain
Round 13: 15 September San Marino
Round 14: 22 September Aragon
Round 15: 6 October Thailand
Round 16: 20 October Japan
Round 17: 27 October Australia
Round 18: 3 November Malaysia
Round 19: 17 November Valencia
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show
- NewsAprilia studying the Indian market to introduce 125cc-150cc motorcycles