Motoroyale likely to launch SWM Duperdual T and new MV Agusta models in India on October 11
Kinetic Group's premium motorcycle division Motoroyale will be hosting a large event this week. Reports suggest that Motoroyale will launch the SWM Superdual T adventure tourer in India on October 11, which will compete with the recently launched 2018 Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT. However, OVERDRIVE has learnt that it is likely Motoroyale will also launch new models from Italian superbike maker MV Agusta at this event. The new models will likely include the MV Agusta Brutale 800 RR streetfighter and the MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800 adventure tourer. But that is not all. It seems Motoroyale has made an aggressive expansion plan which could entail more brands and model announcements on the same day.
MV Agusta Brutale 800 RR
MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800
While this may sound to be a stretch, Motoroyale might also include the announcement of new models from Hyosung, as well as the debut of the FB Mondial brand at the event. Earlier reports had pegged this announcement to take place last month. But seeing as that has not happened yet, it could mean that this announcement is likely on October 11 as well. FB Mondial has a 300cc scrambler called the HPS 300.
SWM Superdual T
What we do know that the SWM Superdual T has held some interest of the nascent and rapidly expanding adventure tourer category of motorcycles in the country. The 650cc motorcycle had been showcased earlier this year. It appears to be a good package for riders looking to hit off-road trails. Only last week, Suzuki Motorcycles launched their offering for the segment, the V-Strom 650 XT which had also been hotly anticipated since it was first shown at the 2018 Auto Expo. So pricing will play an important role for SWM.
Other names under the Motoroyale umbrella include legendary British brand Norton. They have already launched the Commando 961 cafe racer in India and will commence local assembly of the Commando and Domintor in India by the end of 2018. An important product from the Norton lineup for India could be the Norton 650 Atlas Scrambler, which will be showcased in production form soon. This scrambler may be assembled the Motoroyale facility in Ahmednagar by 2019.
Starts Rs 15,59,000
Starts Rs 7,46,000
- NewsVolkswagen being investigated for selling pre-production cars to customers
- News50,000th BMW 310cc series motorcycle rolled out from Hosur plant
- News1,874 units of the Yamaha R3 recalled in India
- NewsThings to know about the 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec SUV
- NewsTata Motors to increase prices by up to Rs 40,000 from January 1, 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV multi-city public preview to start form December 18
- NewsRefreshed 2019 BMW X1 SUV spotted testing in Europe
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV nameplate to be revealed on December 19
- NewsProduction Toyota Supra leaked ahead of debut at 2019 Detroit Motor Show
- News2019 Kawasaki KLX140G launched in India at Rs 4.06 lakh