MRF Challenge 2017 heads to Abu Dhabi for night races at Yas Marina
The MRF Challenge 2017 just concluded in Dubai last weekend, and the championship is now already setting up in Abu Dhabi for Round 3 which will be held at the Yas Marina Circuit this weekend. The racing series will be held alongside the prestigious Gulf 12 Hours race, and will be held under the lights, as a night race.
The MRF Challenge cars, which are Formula 3 style machines, will now get a chance to compete on the 5.5km long Yas Marina track with its many twists and turns. The circuit is known for high-speed straights and technical corners, which should throw challenges the way of the drivers.
Speaking ahead of the racing action at Abu Dhabi, Arun Mammen, vice chairman and managing director of MRF Tyres stated, "Yas Marina is one of the best new circuits in the world and it is our pleasure to race here again. After a buzzing Dubai race the drivers can't wait to race here. The Championship is shaping up well and this circuit provides a good opportunity for the drivers to showcase their abilities. Night races are a treat to watch and am sure fans will enjoy every moment of the F2000 cars under the lights."
Heading into the night race extravaganza, the championship battle remains close. Currently, it is Brazilian driver Felipe Drugovich who leads at the head of the championship, with 150 points. Second place in the championship is currently held by Presley Martono, with 132 points. While trailing Martono by 8 points Rinus van Kalmthout. Julien Falchero is currently in fourth place with 105 points.
MRF Challenge 2017 Round 3 Abu Dhabi Schedule
Thursday, December 14
09:40 - 10:10: MRF Challenge Practice Session 1
12:40 - 13:10: MRF Challenge Practice Session 2
17:30 - 18:00: MRF Challenge Qualifying
21:45 - 22:15: MRF Challenge Race 1
Friday, December 15
10:50 - 11:40: MRF Challenge Race 2
14:30 - 15:20: MRF Challenge Race 3
18:40 - 19:30: MRF Challenge Race 4
MRF Challenge 2017 Calendar:
Round 1: November 16-18, 2017, Bahrain, Bahrain International Circuit (WEC Support Race)
Round 2: December 7-9, 2017, Dubai, Dubai Autodrome
Round 3: December 13-15, 2017, Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi
Round 4: February 2-4, 2018, Chennai, Madras Motor Race Track
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018