MRF MoGrip FMSCI National Supercross Championship 2014 to kickstart this weekend
The first of the six rounds of the MRF MoGrip FMSCI National Supercross Championship will begin this weekend in Nashik. The tenth edition of the Supercross championship looks set to be a blockbuster. With entries close to the 100 mark for each round this year, the competition will see the introduction on a new category for youngsters below 15 years of age.
The tenth edition of the MRF MoGrip National Supercross Championship kicks off on the 18th of May in Nashik
All of the 2013 edition champions have confirmed their participation for the event. Big names like K.P. Aravind (Team TVS, Bangalore), C.S. Santosh (Bangalore), Kerala's Harith Noah (Team TVS) and Veer Patel (Baroda) who have competed in various Asian supercross events recently, are set to lock horns on home soil this time with Team TVS and Pune's 9T9 Racing being the standout teams.
The event will also see participation from privateers like Snehal Chavan (Team 9T9 Racing, Pune) and Gaurav Khatri (New Delhi) in the SX 2 category. The seven categories this year include SX 1, for teams ; SX 2, a class only for privateers; Indian Expert Class, Group B; Indian Expert Class, Group C; Private Expert Class; Novice Class and the newly introduced Junior SX for riders below 15 years.
With the second round due to take place a week later in Pune on the 25th, the Championship is set to travel across the country with the other four rounds in Coimbatore, Chennai, Ahmedabad and Mumbai.
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV