Team MRF announces WRC 2 campaign for Gaurav Gill
Uncertainty has plagued Gaurav Gill for a while. The rally driver who has competed with Team MRF for years, even winning three Asia-Pacific Rally Championship titles with the Indian outfit, has been looking to take the next step in his rally career. As OVERDRIVE had reported earlier this year, entering the World Rally Championship's WRC 2 category was what Gill was aiming for. We can now confirm that that is the case. MRF Racing has announced their intention to pull out of the APRC. They will now embark on a new championship venture with Gaurav Gill - this time competing in the WRC 2 category of the World Rally Championship.
Gaurav Gill will compete in the WRC 2 category of the World Rally Championship with MRF
Gill's last outing in European rallying was back in 2008, when he competed in rounds of the Production Car World Rally Championship (PWRC) with Team Sidvin India. Gill, has since won three APRC titles, and has also been rallying in India in the Indian National Rally Championship with Team Mahindra Adventure, a commitment we're told he will keep up in 2018 as well.
While it has not been confirmed as yet, with some uncertainty indicating that MRF and Skoda would split, signs do point to Gill rallying with a Skoda Fabia R5 (a car that he won his last two APRC titles with).
This is a breaking news story. Details will be updated as and when we have them.
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon
- FeaturesImage Gallery: Shaken & Stirred April 2018