MRF to sponsor 2016 and 2017 Queensland Rally Championship
MRF Tyres has just bagged a two-year deal as the naming rights sponsor for the Queensland Rally Championship (QRC). It has been reported by RallySport Magazine's Australian Edition that the partnership between Mentor Tyres (the Australian distributor for MRF Tyres) and the Queensland Rally Advisory Panel will be unveiled during a presentation in Brisbane on February 6, 2016. MRF will sponsor both the 2016 and 2017 editions of the championship that is to be held over a series of five rounds each year, and will feature a total of five classes, with reportedly packed grids.
It's interesting to note that although MRF Tyres is the title sponsor, the championship does not feature MRF Tyres as the control tyre. This means that all participants are free to use any brand of tyre that they like. However, there is the hope that the competitors will consider using tyres from the championship's title sponsor.
And there's one little carrot to help them opt for MRF Tyres. In addition to the four classes - Queensland Rally Championship, Queensland 2WD Rally Championship, Queensland Clubman Rally Championship and Queensland Novice Rally Series - a fifth class has been announced. This is the MRF Tyres Rally Challenge, where registered competitors running MRF Tyres stand to win big over the course of each special stage. It has also been reported that the Queensland Rally Advisory Panel has negotiated a subsidised price for MRF tyres for the 2016 Rally Season.
The first round of the QRC will be conducted by the Brisbane Sporting Car Club on April 2, 2016.
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907