Mumbai based biker covers 35 countries in 9 months
Debassish Ghosh, a motorcyclist based out of Mumbai, has become the first rider starting out from India to cross 5 continents and 35 countries before making his way back here. Debassish , along with his riding partner, Dharmendra Jain, covered close to 68,000 km over the course of 9 months. Their route took them through the North-Eastern part of India and then to Myanmar, South East Asia, South China, Mongolia and Russia. The European leg of Debassish's trip began from Estonia, before heading to Poland, Germany, France, Spain and Portugal. They then passed through the USA before crossing the ocean to Australia. From there they retraced their way through South East Asia and Myanmar before reaching India.
This trip had been the brainchild of Debassish and Dharmendra's One World One Ride. This venture was hoping this trip would explore the lands, people, dogmas, beliefs, foods, customs, weathers, and traditions. They hoped the ride would seek human perspectives of different nationalities and discover ways to overcome language barriers and arrive at universal truths shared the world over.
Debassish said that this long journey across continents helped them to discover and learn new customs, traditions, weather conditions and other aspects of life abroad. It also helped them to understand more about cultural diversities and to overcome language barriers. And during the journey, the two attempted to promote India as a peace-loving country with multi-lingual, multi-cultural peoples, glorious traditions and a rich heritage.
Also See: Our tips on better riding
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship
- NewsMarc Marquez dominates Sunday morning warm-up at Valencia for 2018 MotoGP season finale
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350