Mumbai based biker covers 35 countries in 9 months
Debassish Ghosh, a motorcyclist based out of Mumbai, has become the first rider starting out from India to cross 5 continents and 35 countries before making his way back here. Debassish , along with his riding partner, Dharmendra Jain, covered close to 68,000 km over the course of 9 months. Their route took them through the North-Eastern part of India and then to Myanmar, South East Asia, South China, Mongolia and Russia. The European leg of Debassish's trip began from Estonia, before heading to Poland, Germany, France, Spain and Portugal. They then passed through the USA before crossing the ocean to Australia. From there they retraced their way through South East Asia and Myanmar before reaching India.
This trip had been the brainchild of Debassish and Dharmendra's One World One Ride. This venture was hoping this trip would explore the lands, people, dogmas, beliefs, foods, customs, weathers, and traditions. They hoped the ride would seek human perspectives of different nationalities and discover ways to overcome language barriers and arrive at universal truths shared the world over.
Debassish said that this long journey across continents helped them to discover and learn new customs, traditions, weather conditions and other aspects of life abroad. It also helped them to understand more about cultural diversities and to overcome language barriers. And during the journey, the two attempted to promote India as a peace-loving country with multi-lingual, multi-cultural peoples, glorious traditions and a rich heritage.
Also See: Our tips on better riding
- News2018 INMRC: Jagan Kumar widens lead in the Super Sport category
- NewsLive updates: Vazirani Shul electric hypercar showcased in India
- NewsMaserati Ghibli Ribelle is an all-black limited edition offering for the EMEA markets
- News2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 twin and Interceptor 650 twin prices out!
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross facelift spotted testing in India
- NewsTriumph India to launch six new motorcycles by June 2019
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know