NASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship
In a fitting end to his season at the NASCAR Whelen Euro Series, Advait Deodhar took first prize in the Elite division championship when he won the final race held this past weekend at the Circuit Zolder in Belgium.
Driving his #27 BVR Motorsport Ford Mustang, Deodhar set the most consistent times across the two sessions to score his third win of the season. Clemens Sparowitz, #99 Dexwet-DF1 Racing Chevrolet Camaro, was second in the overall standings for the Elite division. Rounding off the podium was Andreas Kuchelbacher, driving the #2 Alex Caffi Motorsport Toyota Camry.
In the race itself, Deodhar was followed by Giovanni Trione and Pol van Pollaert.
The 28-year old now wants to race the full season in the higher Elite 2 division with Dexwet-DF1 Racing
He won the season opener earlier this year in Valencia, this was followed by a second-place finish in Italy and another victory at Hockenheim. This makes Deodhar the first Indian driver to win a NASCAR Whelen Euro title
Deodhar is now quite confident of his future. The 28-year old now wants to race the full season in the higher Elite 2 division with Dexwet-DF1 Racing. He says he is going to fight for the championship and is very confident of being in the top 3 in the Elite 2 division in 2019.
Starts Rs 71.62 Lakhs
Starts Rs 29.75 Lakhs
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019