'Need For Speed: Payback' will be launched on November 10, 2017
The "Need For Speed" gaming series is one of the most successful car racing games of all times, and EA Games, its publisher, will launch the latest title "Need For Speed: Payback" on November 10, 2017.
Like previous NFS titles like "Most Wanted", "The Run" and "Undercover", Payback is also based on a story - this time revolving around a plot involving betrayal and revenge.
The story is based in one Fortune City, where The House, a criminal cartel that controls the casinos and the cops, rules. Players will be able to drive as three different characters - Tyler the Racer, Mac the Showman and Jess the Wheelman. The suffix indicates their area of speciality.
The objective takes on challenges and rises up the chart in the underground racing scene whilst fighting against the baddies from The House. The focus is also on car customisation, and EA Games states that Payback offers the most immersive car customisation ever. There's also a gambling angle to the game, where players can set their stakes.
Ghost Games, the developer, is pretty confident that the game will be a lot more action packed than your average racing game.
The "Need For Speed" games are also famous for the impressive roster of cars that players can drive. In Payback, players can drive the Koenigsegg Regera, Ford Mustang, Nissan 350Z, Lamborghini Aventador, Nissan Skyline GT-R, Pagani Huayra BC, Porsche Panamera Turbo and much more. Cops, on the other hand, are seen rolling in the 2017 Dodge Charger pursuit vehicle.
There are also quite a lot of vintage cars that are transformed to racers. Think roll-cages, big block engines and everyone's favourite, NOS or Nitrous Oxide.
"Need For Speed: Payback" will be available on PC, PS4 and Xbox One platforms.
Those who pre-order will get the Platinum Car Pack that offers five unique cars at launch - the 2008 Nissan 350Z, 1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS , 1969 Dodge Charger R/T 1969, 2016 Ford F-150 Raptor, and the 2016 Volkswagen Golf GTI Clubsport.
For those who can't wait to get their hands on the game, the "Need for Speed Payback Deluxe Edition" offers three-day early access, unlocking the full game three days early on November 7, 2017.
Watch the launch video below:
Starts Rs 71.62 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.78 Crore
Starts Rs 2.03 Crore
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show