New Bajaj Platina 100 ES with electric start launched at Rs 45,431
Bajaj has officially launched the new Platina to take on its commuter segment competitors. This challenger from Bajaj will now offer the convenience of an electric start, hence the suffix ES. The Platina ES will sport new body graphics upon a base paint of either red, blue or black. The motorcycle is kitted with a set of black alloys each of which have a 110mm drum brake. The engine is finished in black too.
A camouflaged Platina spied earlier
Bajaj say that the 102cc, single cylinder, air-cooled engine is their most fuel efficient engine to date. The engine produces 8.2PS of power at 7,500rpm and 8.6Nm of torque at 5,000rpm. A 4-speed transmission is used in the Platina 100 ES. The motorcycle weighs 108kgs and has a fuel tank that can hold a maximum of 11.5 litres. The bike also gets a zero-maintenance battery.
The new Bajaj Platina 100 ES is priced at Rs 45,431, ex-Mumbai.
Starts Rs 47,255
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- News2019 Benelli TRK 502 and TRK 502X launched in India at Rs 5 lakh and Rs 5.40 lakh respectively
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani