New Bajaj Platina 100 ES with electric start launched at Rs 45,431
Bajaj has officially launched the new Platina to take on its commuter segment competitors. This challenger from Bajaj will now offer the convenience of an electric start, hence the suffix ES. The Platina ES will sport new body graphics upon a base paint of either red, blue or black. The motorcycle is kitted with a set of black alloys each of which have a 110mm drum brake. The engine is finished in black too.
A camouflaged Platina spied earlier
Bajaj say that the 102cc, single cylinder, air-cooled engine is their most fuel efficient engine to date. The engine produces 8.2PS of power at 7,500rpm and 8.6Nm of torque at 5,000rpm. A 4-speed transmission is used in the Platina 100 ES. The motorcycle weighs 108kgs and has a fuel tank that can hold a maximum of 11.5 litres. The bike also gets a zero-maintenance battery.
The new Bajaj Platina 100 ES is priced at Rs 45,431, ex-Mumbai.
Starts Rs 47,255
- News2018 Blancpain GT Series Asia: Aditya Patel and OD Racing finish in the points at Fuji Speedway
- News2018 Baja Aragon: Sherco TVS factory rally team's Michael Metge wins 35th edition of event
- NewsFCA appoints Mike Manley as the new CEO
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT to be launched in India in early September
- NewsConfirmed: Bajaj Auto to introduce Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 and Svartpilen 401 motorcycles in India next year
- NewsNew Hyundai Santro/Atos spotted testing again before launch
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh