New BMW 1 Series unveiled
The previous BMW 1 Series did what a BMW is expected to do. It had a powerful engine, a talkative chassis, decimated corners, a brilliant rear wheel drive system and a near 50:50 weight distribution. And, we haven't even mentioned the BMW M 1 yet. Simply put, the 1 Series possesed driving dynamics that a BMW ought to. Sadly, the styling was not to everyone's taste, much to the advantage of its rival, the Mercedes-Benz A-Class.
Previous BMW 1-Series
So for 2015, BMW has gone out, all guns blazing, with its new and significantly improved 1 Series. Gone are those overly large headlamps and in comes new, sleeker headlights. The BMW kidney grille also seems to have visited the hot press, gaining a much better and intune shape. BMW have also revised the tail lamps that now feature the latest family design L-shaped LED lights. The interiors are also revised with a 6.5-inch display included in the instrument panel. BMW have also fitted a tyre pressure monitoring system as standard on the new 1 Series.
Engines, says BMW, feature its latest generation petrol and diesel units which come with an option of a six-speed manual or an updated eight-speed auto box. BMW also said that the new engines offer improved fuel economy and reduced tailpipe emissions. The M135i features a six-cylinder, in-line engine that produces 326PS of power. BMW already sells the M3, M4 and M5. Hopefully, the 1 Series M may come to India too.
New BMW 1-Series
The car carries forward the good bits, such as the almost 50:50 weight distribution and unique to its segment, rear wheel drive. Powerslides and doughnuts shall hence, prevail!
Expect BMW to launch the new 1 Series in India soon and battle with the Mercedes-Benz A-Class and Audi
Starts Rs 1.3 Crore
Starts Rs 29.9 Lakhs
- News2018 Blancpain GT Series Asia: Aditya Patel and OD Racing finish in the points at Fuji Speedway
- News2018 Baja Aragon: Sherco TVS factory rally team's Michael Metge wins 35th edition of event
- NewsFCA appoints Mike Manley as the new CEO
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT to be launched in India in early September
- NewsConfirmed: Bajaj Auto to introduce Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 and Svartpilen 401 motorcycles in India next year
- NewsNew Hyundai Santro/Atos spotted testing again before launch
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh