New engine options debut in the Mercedes-Benz E-Class and CLS-Class
Mercedes-Benz has updated the engine line-up for the Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe and Cabriolet as well as the CLS-Class.
The new variant is called the E 450 which is a new 3.0-litre inline six-cylinder unit. A 48-volt 'EQ Boost' alternator gives its mild-hybrid capabilities. The motor puts out 367PS and 22PS comes from the electric motor. This replaces the earlier V6-powered E 400.
This motor gets the E-Class coupe to 100 kmph in 5.6s, while the Cabriolet does the run in 5.8s. Both cars are limited to 250 kmph.
The E 350d in the Coupe, Cabriolet and All-Terrain also gets a new engine. The earlier version of the car had a V6 diesel, which has now been replaced with a 3.0-litre inline-six diesel that makes 360PS, a substantial bump up from the earlier car.
The CLS-Class also gets a new engine option. This is a 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol putting out 300PS. This also gets the 'EQ Boost" mild-hybrid tech adding an additional 15PS.
These international-spec cars also get some equipment upgrades to go with the new engines. These are a new 360-degree parking camera, wireless phone charging and comfort package which adds a massage function, ambient lighting and fragrances for the cabin.
There is still no word on when these engines will make it to India, but these could be a good option who wants a quick, comfortable car without the commitment that owning a full-fledged AMG entails.
Starts Rs 56.47 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000