New Ford Endeavour to launch in India today
Ford India will be launching the new generation Endeavour today. With this brand new SUV, the American car maker aims to strike back into the premium space once again. Post its launch in India, the Endeavour will be competing against the Chevrolet Captiva and the Toyota Fortuner, the latter being the strongest rival.
Known as the Ford Everest in the international markets, this new generation upgrade will be an important one especially as is happens after three years of its launch in India. Teams from South America, Australia and South East Asia have jointly worked on the new iteration. The new gen Ford Endeavour doesn't remind you of the earlier model the reason being its contemporary modern design. The straight lines have been replaced with softer edges around the profile.
The interiors of the new Ford Endeavour have been changed and now look clean and handsome. The dashboard has a sharp horizontal layout with smooth rounded edge for that necessary upmarket feel. We believe the one that will be sold in India will come with dual tone interiors to make the cabin feel roomy and spacious. The central console is a three-layer unit, with a large infotainment touchscreen. Ford will offer the second generation SYNC system. Also, importantly, the Endeavour gets terrain management system, starkly similar to the unit found on Land Rover and Range Rover SUVs.
Ford will offer the new Endeavour with a choice of two engines. The 3.2-litre diesel engine has a peak power output of 200PS with 470Nm of torque while the 2.2-litre engine makes 160PS but torque is a generous 385Nm. We expect Ford to price the new Endeavour between Rs 25 lakh to Rs 30 lakh.
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Ford Endeavour
Ford Endeavour vs Chevrolet Trailblazer
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 23.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 26.2 Lakhs
- NewsNew Maruti Suzuki Ertiga features detailed in new video
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launched in India at Rs 7.45 lakh
- NewsRange Rover Velar SVR spotted testing at the Nurburgring
- FeaturesThis might just be India's quickest accelerating Maruti Suzuki Swift!
- FeaturesAuxiliary lights for motorcycles: Everything that you should know
- NewsPirelli inaugurates its first tyre centre in Vadodara
- NewsFormula E: Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar to debut at Berlin ePrix
- NewsSkoda Kamiq unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsTVS holds its first event for the south chapter of the Apache owners group
- Review2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 first ride review