New-gen Audi A6 spied testing in India
The new-gen Audi A6 that made its global debut at the Geneva Motor Show this year has been caught testing in India. The new-gen Audi A6 is based on an all-new platform that has made it lighter and in turn more efficient than the previous version. From the images it can be seen that the new-gen Audi A6 takes inspiration from the A7 and the more premium A8. The dimensions of the eight-gen Audi A6 have grown by by 7 mm to 4.94 meters long, by 12mm to 1.89 meters wide and by 2 mm to 1.46 meters high. The 2019 Audi A6 comes with a wider and lower positioned singleframe grille paired with a flatter headlight design and contoured air inlets. We believe Audi India might launch the A6 sometime next year which will make it rival the likes of the Mercedes-Benz E-Class and the BMW 5 Series.
The 2019 Audi A6 has grown in dimensions. Expected to launch in India in mid-2019
In terms of design, the 2019 Audi A6 gets a taut roofline that flows into the steeply raked C-pillars. The rear gets a chrome strip that connects the two lights, similar to that seen on the new-gen BMW 7 Series. Audi will be offering a choice of 14 different colours on the A6. In addition to the basic version, customers have a choice of the sport and design trim lines as well as the S line exterior package. Inside, the Audi A6 sports a sleek instrument panel with a black-panel design. The center console and the two MMI touch response displays are angled slightly toward the driver. The A6 features a full range of navigation, infotainment and Audi connect offerings. With each profile, up to seven drivers can individually store around 400 preferred settings. The natural-language voice control responds to operating commands and questions on the basis of data stored onboard. The top-of-the-line version, the Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System, also delivers 3D sound to the rear.
2019 Audi A6 features a 48V mild hybrid system
All available engines in the new A6 are fitted with a mild hybrid system. Audi mentions that A belt alternator starter (BAS) works together with a lithium-ion battery with 10 Ah capacity. In combination with the six-cylinder engines, a 48V mild hybrid system is used. The 2019 Audi A6 will be available with three V6 engines. Four-cylinder engines as TFSI and TDI will be added in the portfolio at a later date.
Spied image source: Thrust Zone
Starts Rs 51.93 Lakhs
Starts Rs 52 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.2 Crore
Starts Rs 56.47 Lakhs
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000
- NewsTVS Apache RR 310, NTorq 125 and Apache RTR 160 4V launched in Peru