New-gen Ford cars coming to India in 2017-18
Ford is gearing up to launch new-gen offerings of its entire portfolio in India in 2017-18. This will start with the new Ford EcoSport that is expected to arrive in India in the festive season this year. The compact SUV got an update in the international market last year.
The 2017 Ford EcoSport gets a revised and a more cleaner design than its predecessor. Ford India has already started testing the new model. The headlights, grille and the bumper have gone through a styling revision whereas the side and the rear gets minimal changes. We believe the India-spec model will continue to retain the spare wheel on the boot. Most importantly, the cabin will be equipped with the new 8-inch SYNC3 infotainment system with navigation. It is expected to get Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The powertrain options in the new EcoSport will remain unchanged. More details on the 2017 Ford EcoSport here
Ford will most likely choose the 2018 Auto Expo as a venue to showcase the new-gen Figo and Aspire models. Both these offerings are said to get substantial design change along with an update in the features list. However, the platform and the powertrain options will be retained from the present models.
The 2018 Ford Mustang, debuted earlier this year, will arrive at our shores sometime next year. The new Mustang has got an even more aggressive design with the restyled headlights and the bumper. It gets the new instrument cluster with three themes along with a 12-inch all-digital LCD infotainment unit. Ford claims to have worked on the 5.0-litre V8 to make it more powerful and rev higher than the previous Mustangs. This motor will be mated to the new 10-speed automatic transmission. Read about the 2018 Ford Mustang here.
2019 Ford: Image source - caradvice
And lastly, the updated Ford Endeavour which is already in works. Test mules of the same, caught in Australia, have revealed the new F-150 inspired front. In addition, the international-spec model is expected to get radar cruise control with autonomous emergency braking. A safety aid that might be given a miss in the Indian model. The flagship SUV is expected to be launched in 2019.
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.62 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far