2016 Hyundai Elantra to be launched in India on August 23, 2016
Hyundai is all set to launch the new-generation Elantra in India on August 23, 2016. The most important change in the Elantra is the new platform that is expected to further improve the ride and handling. The 2016 Hyundai Elantra made its global debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show where the company showcased its new design language as well as the updated interior. On its launch in India, the Elantra will lock horns with the Chevrolet Cruze and the Skoda Octavia.
While the previous-generation Elantra was the first Hyundai to get the Fluidic design sculpture in India, the new offering gets more European lines. There is a large hexagonal grille and this combined with the sleek headlights, make it look similar to the Genesis G90 sedan. The new headlights come affixed with dynamic bending lights. The bumper features a tweaked design with vertically stacked new LED DRLs. The overall silhouette looks similar to the existing model. However, the rear gets a smarter profile with new LED lights. You can check the detailed image gallery of the upcoming Hyundai Elantra.
Inside, the new Elantra is believed to be more premium than the outgoing model. It will get new upholstery as well an updated touchscreen multimedia system. We expect Hyundai to offer Android Auto as well as navigation in the infotainment system. The other features like multi-function steering wheel, ventilated seats and cruise control will continue to be offered in the new Elantra.
The powertrain options in the new Hyundai Elantra might include the 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine that makes 147PS at 6,200rpm and generates 180Nm of torque at 4,500rpm. This motor will be offered with a choice between a standard 6-speed manual or a next-generation 6-speed automatic transmission. In addition, Hyundai will offer the regular engine options seen in the present model.
The 2016 Elantra will compete with the Chevrolet Cruze (Rs 14.65-18.31 lakh), Skoda Octavia (Rs 16.27-21.99 lakh) and the Renault Fluence (Rs 14.72-16.31 lakh). The prices of the new Hyundai Elantra are expected to range between Rs 15-20 lakh. On the current model, Hyundai dealers are offering a discount of up to Rs 1.5 lakh.
Starts Rs 13.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.03 Lakhs
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra Marazzo MPV cabin revealed, available in 7 and 8 seater layouts