New-gen Hyundai Santro receives 28,800 bookings in 22 days
The all-new Hyundai Santro has been launched in India, with prices starting at Rs 3.90 lakh for the base, D-Lite version. The Santro is easily the most popular car from Hyundai in India and in fact was the very car that made the Korean manufacturer a household name. And yet again, the new-gen Hyundai Santro has achieved an important milestone. The hatchback has garnered more than 28,800 bookings in 22 days making it the highest ever for any brand in its segment, mentions Hyundai. The company registered the highest ever domestic sales of 52,001 units and cumulative sales of 65,020 units for the month of October 2018.
"Hyundai achieved highest ever domestic sales with 52,001 units and a growth of 4.9 per cent, on the strong demand pull created by the blockbuster launch of India's Favourite Family Car - The All New Santro, improving customers sentiments and setting a new benchmark in the industry. The all new Santro clocked wholesale of over 8,500 units along with strong performance of the Hyundai 'Ten Thousand Club Cars' Creta, Elite i20 and the Grand i10."
The new Santro is powered by a heavily reworked version of the 1.1-litre, four-cylinder Epsilon petrol engine that powered the last Santro Xing and offers 69PS and 99Nm in its current guise. The new Santro also debuts AMT technology for Hyundai and is available with the option of a five-speed AMT, apart from a five-speed manual gearbox. You also have the option of going in for a factory-fitted CNG kit which brings outputs down to 58PS and 84Nm. Claimed top speed is 150kmph while claimed fuel efficiency is 20.3kmpl. Suspension duties are taken care of by McPherson struts upfront and torsion beams at the rear. Lower variants run on 13-inch wheels, while higher ones run on 14-inch rims.
Starts Rs 3.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.35 Lakhs
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh