New-gen Hyundai Verna 1.4L petrol launched in India at Rs 7.79 lakh
Hyundai India today announced the addition of a 1.4L petrol engine to the its new-gen Verna. The new Hyundai Verna 1.4L petrol is priced at Rs 7.79 lakh, ex-Delhi, for the base E variant. In addition, the Hyundai Verna petrol is also available in a EX variant that is available at Rs 9.09 lakh, ex-Delhi. Both the new petrol variants are available across Hyundai dealerships spread in the country.
The new-gen Hyundai Verna was launched in August 2017 at Rs 7.99 lakh, ex-Delhi. The sedan, back then, was available with only two engine options, a 123PS/151Nm 1.6-litre petrol and a 128PS/260Nm 1.6-litre turbo-diesel engine. Both engines are offered with the choice of a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic gearbox. The 1.4L petrol motor that has been recently added makes 100PS at 6,000rpm and generates 132.38Nm at 4,000rpm. This motor will be paired only to a 6-speed manual transmission.
Hyundai India has received over 30,000 bookings and 2 lakh enquiries in India and over 10,500 units of export order from global markets. In fact, the Hyundai Verna also won the ICOTY 2018. "The Next-gen Hyundai Verna with 1.4 L Kappa Dual VTVT petrol engine is the perfect combination of performance and fuel efficiency and showcases Hyundai's commitment to provide products based on customers aspirations. We are sure this addition will strengthen Verna's popularity and offer the customers a wider option to own and experience the super sedan." commented Rakesh Srivastava, director- Sales & Marketing, HMIL.
Starts Rs 7.8 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show