New-gen Hyundai Verna teased, to be launched in India in August 2017
The Hyundai Verna has always been one of the best selling C+ sedans in the country. While Honda has already brought in the new City and Maruti Suzuki has got the Ciaz, Hyundai will soon be launching the new-gen Verna in India to set a new benchmark in this segment. Apart from the new design language that makes it more premium, it will also get a revision in the powertrain and dynamics department.
To build on the hype, Hyundai India has put up a teaser image of the new-gen Verna on their official website. Not that we aren't aware of how the new-gen sedan looks as earlier this year Hyundai revealed it at the Toronto Motor Show. The new-gen Verna bears design resemblance with the more premium Elantra, that can be seen with the new wrap-around headlights with LED daytime running lights. This, we believe, will be offered only on the top spec variant. There is a sharper profile line running along the length while the rear bumper design has been updated as well. While the previous gen model was all about fluidic lines, Hyundai has gone in for a sophisticated and an understated design for the new Verna. The higher spec variants ride on new 17-inch alloys. The rear profile has been updated with new LED taillights that is also seen on the Elantra.
In terms of dimensions, the new-gen Hyundai Verna has grown by 70mm in length, 29mm in width and also has a 10mm longer wheelbase. The height of the sedan has been left unchanged. With the altered dimensions, we believe, the rear cabin area will be more spacious and offer better knee room for taller passengers. This was a particular area wherein the Honda City and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz scored more above the Hyundai Verna.
The cabin of the new-gen Hyundai Verna is also expected to go through a major revision with a new 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system. Now that the Xcent, Grand and the Elantra have got it, the new-gen Verna too will come with Car Play and Android Auto connectivity options. The trims layout and the material used are also expected to get a premium makeover when compared to the previous model.
The new-gen Verna will be powered by an updated 1.6-litre Gamma 4-cylinder Gasoline Direct Injected (GDI) engine. The power rating has been increased from 123PS to 132PS whereas the torque output has gone up marginally to 161Nm. Hyundai states that the engine's powerband has improved with a 4.6 per cent increase in torque. The company also claims that the acceleration performance for 40-80 kmph and 80-120 kmph has been improved over the previous model by 0.2 and 1.3 seconds. Apart from this new powertrain, we believe Hyundai will retain the other petrol and diesel engines in the new-gen Verna.
Starts Rs 7.79 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.58 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.83 Lakhs
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra extends his lead after SS5
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts
- News2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen reveals I. D. R Pikes Peak prototype racer
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launch - LIVE updates
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018: CS Santosh leads Moto class after Leg 2
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift spotted undisguised before April launch
- NewsTata Motors to raise car prices by up to Rs 60,000 in India