New-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga expected to launch in India by mid-2018
Maruti Suzuki's popular people mover, the Ertiga, is all set to get a new-gen upgrade. The test mules of the same have already been doing rounds in northern India. And now we have learnt through the dealerships, that the 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga will be launched in mid-2018, tentatively somewhere between June-July. We expect the bookings for the new-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga to start a month prior to the official launch.
Image source: rtriadhie
The spy shots suggest that the new Ertiga will be longer and wider than the outgoing model. Based on Suzuki's Heartect platform, the new Ertiga will have more cabin space. The large overhang at the rear also suggest improved third row space as well as luggage space, compared to the predecessor. The Heartect platform also underpins the new Dzire and this indicates that the new Ertiga will feature a similar dashboard layout and the same materials as well. Expect the top spec versions to get the same touchscreen infotainment system that's available in the new Dzire. The system comes with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Image source: Motoroids
The exterior design is expected to feature sharper styling, with a sleeker grille and headlamps. Given the current trend that we've seen in Maruti Suzuki cars, the top spec Ertiga will also get LED DRLs and projector headlamps. The tail lamps are also expected to be LED units. Another visible change in the new Ertiga is the positioning of the rear wiper, which is ow mounted in the centre of the rear glass.
Presently, Maruti Suzuki offers an option between 1.4-litre petrol and a 1.3-litre diesel engines on the Ertiga. If the company will be using the same powertrain options or will be adding a new unit is what needs to be seen.
Starts Rs 6.18 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 Nov 2018
- NewsProduction version of the Kia SP Concept spotted testing in new spy video
- NewsBajaj Pulsar Classic launched in India with two new colour options, priced at Rs 64,998
- News2019 TVS Apache RTR 180 launched in India at Rs 84,578
- NewsVolkswagen Group establishes a new management structure to implement India 2.0
- NewsLamborghini Urus to have its own SUV racing series!
- NewsMercedes-AMG G 63 SUV sold out in India for this year
- NewsHonda becomes only manufacturer to sell 25 million scooters in India
- NewsHyundai Grand i10 and Xcent get more equipment on higher trims
- NewsAston Martin's spy photos show the DBX in near-production guise
- Review2019 Volvo S60 first drive review