New-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga expected to launch in India by mid-2018
Maruti Suzuki's popular people mover, the Ertiga, is all set to get a new-gen upgrade. The test mules of the same have already been doing rounds in northern India. And now we have learnt through the dealerships, that the 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga will be launched in mid-2018, tentatively somewhere between June-July. We expect the bookings for the new-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga to start a month prior to the official launch.
Image source: rtriadhie
The spy shots suggest that the new Ertiga will be longer and wider than the outgoing model. Based on Suzuki's Heartect platform, the new Ertiga will have more cabin space. The large overhang at the rear also suggest improved third row space as well as luggage space, compared to the predecessor. The Heartect platform also underpins the new Dzire and this indicates that the new Ertiga will feature a similar dashboard layout and the same materials as well. Expect the top spec versions to get the same touchscreen infotainment system that's available in the new Dzire. The system comes with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Image source: Motoroids
The exterior design is expected to feature sharper styling, with a sleeker grille and headlamps. Given the current trend that we've seen in Maruti Suzuki cars, the top spec Ertiga will also get LED DRLs and projector headlamps. The tail lamps are also expected to be LED units. Another visible change in the new Ertiga is the positioning of the rear wiper, which is ow mounted in the centre of the rear glass.
Presently, Maruti Suzuki offers an option between 1.4-litre petrol and a 1.3-litre diesel engines on the Ertiga. If the company will be using the same powertrain options or will be adding a new unit is what needs to be seen.
Starts Rs 6.18 Lakhs
- NewsNew Porsche 911 GT3 RS laps the Nurburgring in under 7 minutes
- NewsYamaha Tenere 700 prototype spied testing in Italy
- News2018 INRC: Vicky Chandhok to compete in Chennai Rally in a VW Polo R2
- News2018 Honda Amaze showcased in TVC before launch on May 16
- News2018 Tata Nexon AMT bookings open at Rs 11,000 across India
- NewsBMW iX3 Concept teased before Beijing auto show reveal
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims dominant win at COTA
- NewsMahindra Electric and Meru to ply eVerito EV cabs in Hyderabad
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 catches attention of Prince William
- NewsMahindra (Ssangyong) G4 Rexton spotted testing in India