New-gen Mercedes Benz G-Class SUV is here!
Mercedes Benz has unveiled the all-new G-Class, an SUV that has always enjoyed a cult following among enthusiasts. The German automobile manufacturer will also be showcasing the new-gen G-Class as the upcoming Jurassic Park movie. The spied and the camouflaged images had already dropped hints of the new age SUV. Additionally, Mercedes-Benz had released an image of the interior and had also stated that the new G-Class will retail the low-range four-wheel-drivetrain with locking differentials.
From the images it can be seen that the new-gen Mercedes Benz G-Class gets a new design but not substantially different from the previous model. In fact, there has been no substantial difference since the SUV's debut in 1979. In terms of dimensions, the new Mercedes Benz G-Class has got longer by 53mm and also wider by 122mm. Mercedes Benz states that the interior of the new-gen G-Class has got a complete revision. The instrument cluster in the new G-Class looks similar to that of the new E-Class and the S-Class. The company describes it by stating that the the two 12.3-inch displays blend visually into a widescreen cockpit beneath a shared glass cover where the drivers can choose between three different styles for the displays Classic, Sport and Progressive. Being larger in dimensions, the cabin of the new-gen Mercedes Benz G-Class now offers more space, both in the front and the back. The rear seats can be folded down to 60, 40 or 100 percent. The SUV also comes equipped with massage functions, climate-controlled seats and fast seat heating.
The new suspension in the new-gen G-Class is a from the collaboration between Mercedes-Benz G GmbH and Mercedes-AMG GmbH. The result is an independent suspension with double-wishbone front axle in combination with a rigid rear axle. In terms of powertrain, the new Mercedes-Benz G-Class comes with a 4.0-litre V8 petrol engine that 422PS and a maximum torque of 610 Nm at 2,000 to 4,750 rpm. The motor is mated to a 9G?TRONIC automatic transmission with torque converter was specifically adapted to meet the needs of the off-road icon, states the company.
Starts Rs 2.19 Crore
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India