New-gen Mercedes-Benz GLS SUV spotted, launch in 2019
Mercedes-Benz seems to be busy testing its next generation Mercedes-Benz GLS SUV in Germany as these spy shots show. The new Mercedes-Benz GLS with a seating capacity of seven is expected to make its debut in 2019. Reports suggest that the Mercedes-Benz GLS will have significantly lower weight than the current model, which is sold in the GLS 350d, GLS 400, GLS 63 AMG guises in India. Only a day earlier, Audi India launched a petrol version of its flagship SUV in the form of the Audi Q7 40 TFSI, which competes with the Mercedes-Benz GLS 400.
The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLS is expected to lose much of the weight of its current model, which goes up to 3 tonnes for the GLS 63 AMG variant. The 2019 GLS is based on the company's new modular high architecture (MHA) platform. This platform is flexible enough to accommodate several Mercedes models in a range from four-cylinder to eight-cylinder power, rear or all-wheel drive, as well hybridisation.
Starts Rs 82.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
- NewsDiscounts of up to 50 per cent on motorcycle tyres in India
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 R
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 GS
- NewsTata Nexon AMT option launched in XM mid-range trim in India at Rs 7.50 lakh
- News2018 BMW G 310 GS and G 310 R reach dealerships ahead of India launch
- FeaturesOn test at OVERDRIVE: Casio Pro Trek WSD-F20 smart watch
- NewsVolkswagen asked reasons for not recalling diesel cars affected in the emissions scandal by NGT
- NewsImage gallery: Vazirani Automotive showcases Shul, India's first hypercar at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- NewsVolvo XC40 gets 200 bookings in a fortnight, two new variants now also available
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS recalled in the US