New-gen Mercedes-Benz GLS SUV spotted, launch in 2019
Mercedes-Benz seems to be busy testing its next generation Mercedes-Benz GLS SUV in Germany as these spy shots show. The new Mercedes-Benz GLS with a seating capacity of seven is expected to make its debut in 2019. Reports suggest that the Mercedes-Benz GLS will have significantly lower weight than the current model, which is sold in the GLS 350d, GLS 400, GLS 63 AMG guises in India. Only a day earlier, Audi India launched a petrol version of its flagship SUV in the form of the Audi Q7 40 TFSI, which competes with the Mercedes-Benz GLS 400.
The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLS is expected to lose much of the weight of its current model, which goes up to 3 tonnes for the GLS 63 AMG variant. The 2019 GLS is based on the company's new modular high architecture (MHA) platform. This platform is flexible enough to accommodate several Mercedes models in a range from four-cylinder to eight-cylinder power, rear or all-wheel drive, as well hybridisation.
Also see: 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLS First Drive Video Review
Starts Rs 99.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
- News2020 Triumph Street Triple R launched in India at Rs 8.84 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2020 Triumph Street Triple R launch in India
- NewsKTM 250 Adventure motorcycle spied again, this time with a touring kit
- NewsRenault India announces benefits of up to Rs 70,000 on Duster, Kwid and Triber
- NewsHyundai Creta has reached the 5 lakh sales mark in India