New-generation Fiat Punto rendering surfaces online
Word has it that the new generation Fiat Punto could make its global debut by 2017. This will be an important update for the Punto as this will be its first major makeover in 12 years. Recently, a rendering of the new generation Punto surfaced on the internet, and it hints at the new design direction that Fiat is moving towards.
It is evident that the rendering of the next generation Fiat Punto borrows design cues such as the front and side profiles, the sleek and angular headlights and the large grille, from the new Tipo sedan. It gets LED DRLs, while the silhouette gets a lower shoulder line with pronounced wheel arches. The C-pillar gets a blackened finish to give it a floating roof design.
The spied images of the new Fiat Punto don't reveal any specific details of the interiors, because we think that the test mules are the low-end variants of the vehicle. From what we've seen in the images, the international-spec car might get features such as start-stop, a 'city' drive mode and ESP as standard. The top end variants could also get premium additions such as automatic climate control and a touchscreen infotainment system. Fiat presently sells the Punto Evo, the Avventura and their Abarth versions in India, but when we'll see the new gen Punto in India, is still uncertain.
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Racing M5Electro Formula E electric race car
- NewsMahindra Racing's M5Electro Formula E electric race car debuts in India ahead of 2019 season opener
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices across range from January 1, 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki registers five lakh cumulative CNG vehicle sales in India
- NewsTeams from Varanasi, Delhi and Vellore win Shell Eco Marathon India
- NewsMcLaren 720S Spider convertible revealed, locks horns with Ferrari 488
- News2019 Nissan GT-R prices for the U.S. market announced
- NewsTata Nexon SUV becomes first Indian-origin car to score five-star Global NCAP rating
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing