New-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
After its global debut at Auto China 2018, the newest version of the Lexus ES 300h hybrid luxury sedan has now been made available in India. Buyers can book their from today, July 19 onwards at Rs 59.13 lakh (ex-showroom India).
The ES 300h is based on the Global Architecture K (GA - K) platform and is powered by an updated version of the 2.5-litre petrol-hybrid combination seen on the last generation car as well as on the Toyota Camry. The engine makes 217PS and comes with a new fourth generation hybrid system that is BS-VI compliant and returns a claimed 22.37 km/l. Wheel sizes have also increased to 18-inches from the earlier 17.
The car has received cosmetic upgrades to mimic the design of the recently launched LS sedan.
Most prominently, the spindle grille now has vertical slats replacing the earlier horizontal ones while also being more pronounced. The front headlights have been slightly reworked with new LED elements while the lower portion of the more sculpted bumper now has chrome inserts for the foglamp housings.
The interiors have been tweaked slightly with the most prominent additions being the redesigned 7-inch instrument cluster, 12.3-inch centre console and an updated 17-speaker Mark Levinson infotainment system, as seen on the LS and NX cars. The console-mounted climate and audio controls along with adjustable and heated semi-aniline seats, and the 17 speaker Mark Levinson, wireless charging round off the major changes to the interior. The rear legroom has also been increased by 996mm, by way of a longer wheelbase.
Buyers have four choices of interior colour schemes to choose from (black, chateau, topaz brown and new rich cream) and three trim choices (black or brown Shimamoku wood, and bamboo). Nine exterior paint options are available.
The Lexus ES 300h will compete with the likes of the Mercedes-Benz E-Class, BMW 5-Series and the Audi A6. The ES should stand apart from the competition with its attention to detail and the typically Japanese inspired design and luxury appointments. The traditionally more sedate driving experience of a Lexus should also appeal to buyers who prefer the rear seats.
Starts Rs 59.13 Lakhs
Starts Rs 51.93 Lakhs
Starts Rs 56.47 Lakhs
Starts Rs 29.75 Lakhs
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Image gallery Leg 1
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Leg 1 sets the event rolling today with SS 1 to SS 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer