New-generation Mahindra Thar spotted on test - reveals interiors details
Team OVERDRIVE recently reported the spy shots of the new-generation Mahindra Thar. This time around, new spy shots of the same give a sneak peek inside the cabin and hints that the Thar will be equipped with more upmarket features than the current SUV on sale.
The pictures reveal that the new Thar will sport power windows, newly designed air-ducts and a new steering wheel. The dashboard and the cabin are expected to be laid out differently and to carry a black theme to it. The gear-knob is expected to be different.
The controls for air-conditioning are new a well along with a plush instrument cluster.
The test mule of the 2020 Thar displayed a sizeable increase in its width, courtesy - flared fender arches. The bumpers are chunky on both ends to enhance pedestrian safety.
With the revised underpinning, we expect Mahindra to bring the new Thar with a downsized cleaner running engine which will comply with the BSVI emission norms. The same newly-developed engine is expected to power the next generations of the XUV500, as well as the Scorpio.
The 2020 Mahindra Thar is expected to be launched in the final quarter of this year and is expected to be priced between Rs 7 lakh and Rs 10 lakh.
Image Source - Car Dekho
Starts Rs 9.6 Lakhs
- ReviewComparison test: 2020 Audi A6 45 TFSI vs 2019 Mercedes-Benz E 200 LWB
- NewsBentley Continental GT Pikes Peak launched to celebrate record run, limited to 15 units
- NewsHusqvarna Svartpilen 250, Vitpilen 250 unveiled - India launch in 2020
- NewsKTM 390 Adventure officially unveiled in India - alongside KTM 790 Adventure
- NewsHyundai to invest $52bn over six years in R&D, electrification, autonomous tech and flying cars