New-generation Mercedes-Benz C-Class spied testing
The current, fourth generation C-Class has been on sale since 2014. Mercedes-Benz facelifted the sedan quite heavily in 2018, but now the German carmaker seems to be working on an all-new model, that could debut by 2020.
These spy images show that the new C-Class, which could be code-named the W206, has seen a complete redesign as it moves to the MRA2 architecture. The car seems to be quite larger than before, with all the new design touches that we have seen on newer Mercedes cars. The front seems quite a bit sharper now, flatter and is melded into a long, sculpted bonnet. The new-found aggression seems to be accentuated by the large grille and slimmer, angular lights. The glasshouse though looks quite large, with more rake to the windscreen. The rear will possibly get a stubby boot, somewhat like the A-Class sedan, with a two-part tail lamp, like in most new Mercedes cars.
Expect equally big changes on the inside. The latest version of the MBUX infotainment system with all its AI, voice and gesture functions could be available. Expect a new interpretation of the slim buttons, and round air-vents look popular in Mercedes; currently. Space as well as the list of features should improve.
Engine options should be similar to that of the current car, so expect a range of 4 and 6-cylinder engines, right from the 1.5-litre petrol to the 3.0-litre diesel straight-six. The 48V mild-hybrid tech should be a highlight, as well as a PHEV version.
The next C-Class should carry forward all of the bits that make the new crop of Mercedes' so appealing, like the balanced dynamics, aggressive look and techy but cosseting interiors.
Starts Rs 40.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 41.4 Lakhs
- NewsBSVI Bajaj CT and Platina priced Rs 40,794 and Rs 47,264 respectively
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hero Pleasure+ 110 vs Honda Activa 6G vs TVS Jupiter
- NewsFourth-generation Audi A8 L to be launched in India on February 3
- News2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV launched in India, prices start at Rs 73.7 lakh
- NewsUnion Budget 2020 expectation: Removal of GST on Royalty payments to government, Vilas S Tawde, Essar Oil and Gas Exploration and Production