The new Gran Turismo Sport trailer is motorsport heaven
When Polyphony Digital dropped the first trailer of Gran Turismo Sport, it gave us a glimpse of the developer's vision of expanding the Gran Turismo series into a more social and connected experience, whilst making motorsport accessible to all ages. With the second trailer which was recently revealed at E3 2016 (Electronic Entertainment Expo), Polyphony showcased more of the same, as seen in the first trailer, along with some new additions.
Gran Turismo Sport aims to be a motorsport-oriented sim racer, with more emphasis on social connectivity. With live broadcasting, commentary of weekly events and even a safety car, it seems that Polyphony Digital wants to create a complete motorsport league on a digital platform, with its own racers and audience almost like a larger, more accessible version of GT Academy. Each player has their own racer profile, displaying all their vital statistics as a racer, along with the ability to follow their favourite racers.
The trailer also showcased "Scapes" a more intuitive version of the photo mode previously seen in the series. Thanks to the firepower of the PS4, highly detailed cars against gorgeous backdrops make for brilliant images. The highly requested livery editor finally makes its debut in the series as well, with the ability to share one's designs on their respective driver profiles for others to view, like and comment.
Gran Turismo Sport launches on November 15, 2016 for the PS4. Take a look at the trailer below.
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Racing M5Electro Formula E electric race car
- NewsMahindra Racing's M5Electro Formula E electric race car debuts in India ahead of 2019 season opener
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices across range from January 1, 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki registers five lakh cumulative CNG vehicle sales in India
- NewsTeams from Varanasi, Delhi and Vellore win Shell Eco Marathon India
- NewsMcLaren 720S Spider convertible revealed, locks horns with Ferrari 488
- News2019 Nissan GT-R prices for the U.S. market announced
- NewsTata Nexon SUV becomes first Indian-origin car to score five-star Global NCAP rating
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing