New Honda Accord Hybrid to be launched in India on October 25
The Honda Accord Hybrid was showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo. We revealed earlier that it is one of the five hybrid cars that would be launched in India this year. Our sources have told us that the new Accord Hybrid will be launched in India on October 25, 2016. Honda dealers in Mumbai are currently accepting bookings for an amount of Rs 2 lakh. The Honda Accord Hybrid is expected to be priced around Rs 30 lakh.
The new Honda Accord Hybrid is powered by a 2.0-litre 4-cylinder petrol engine and a 1.3kW Li-ion battery pack. The petrol engine is good for 140PS while the combined output of both the petrol and electric motors is 215PS. The Accord Hybrid gets a Sport mode which when engaged, utilises both motors while accelerating. The Accord Hybrid claims to deliver an efficiency of 23.8kmpl while emitting 99gm/km of carbon.
The petrol and electric motors come mated to an e-CVT which is faster and more efficient than the conventional CVT, claims Honda. The Accord Hybrid gets a Sport Hybrid Intelligent Multi Mode Drive (i-MMD) system which offers different driving modes - Hybrid Drive and Engine Drive. In the Hybrid Drive mode, the vehicle can attain speeds up to 120kmph.
The Accord Hybrid will come equipped with a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, dual-zone climate control, electrically adjustable driver's seat, six airbags and ABS with EBD. Honda had launched the Accord in India in 2001 and discontinued it in the early 2014. Once launched, the hybrid will compete against the Toyota Camry Hybrid and the Volkswagen Passat GTE plug-in hybrid.
Starts Rs 43.21 Lakhs
Starts Rs 29.75 Lakhs
Starts Rs 29.99 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids