New Hyundai Creta gets 30,000 bookings, diesel version more popular
Hyundai Motor India has received over 30,000 bookings for its latest launch, the second-generation Hyundai Creta. The new Creta launched just before the coronavirus-induced lockdown, which makes this quite an achievement. The Creta had crossed the 10,000 bookings mark within a week of its debut. In fact, the Hyundai Creta has been the largest-selling car in India in May.
Hyundai says that the new Creta has been more popular with its diesel versions, which have accounted for 55 per cent of bookings. The new SUV has also seen the most attention on Hyundai's new 'Click to Buy' online platform. Features that have received a good response from consumers have been the panoramic sunroof, drive mode selector, traction control modes, eight-speaker Bose audio, air purifier and paddle shifters.
The Creta gets three engine options, which it shares with the similar Kia Seltos. These are a 1.5-litre petrol with 115PS/144Nm, a 1.5-litre diesel motor with 115PS/250Nm and a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol with 140PS and 242Nm. There are three automatic options, aside from a 6-speed manual. There will be a CVT, a 6-speed auto and a 7-speed DCT. The CVT is paired to the N/A petrol, the diesel is available with the torque converter while the turbo-petrol can be had with the DCT. There is no manual turbo option as in the Kia.
The Creta can be had in numerous variant, which you can read about here. Prices for the Creta start at Rs 9.99 lakh and go up to Rs 17.20 lakh.
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.74 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
- NewsThree lakh units production milestone achieved for the Tata Tiago
- NewsDucati Scrambler 1100 Pro BSVI launched in India, prices start from Rs. 11.95 lakh
- NewsTata Altroz diesel now more affordable with Rs 40,000 price cut
- NewsVolkswagen's first electric SUV, the ID.4, will include 3-years of free fast charging in the US
- NewsFord Endeavour Sport launched in India, prices start from Rs 35.10 lakh