New Hyundai Santa Fe to be launched at 2014 Auto Expo
Hyundai will launch the new Santa Fe in India at the upcoming next year's Auto Expo. The highly anticipated launch is slated for February 6. The full-sized, seven-seater SUV is expected to undercut the popular Toyota Fortuner in terms of pricing when it is launched. To achieve this Hyundai will assemble the Santa Fe at its Chennai plant, a first for the company. The earlier Santa Fe, which went up against the Fortuner competing on price, position and ability, failed to attract customers for two main reasons. Compared to Fortuner, Santa Fe lacked presence and was priced higher. With the new Santa Fe, Hyundai intends to correct these shortcomings.
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe
The new Santa Fe, which looks both more imposing and modern compared to the Fortuner, is expected to be priced at about Rs 22 lakh for the entry-level two wheel drive diesel version with a manual transmission. The two wheel drive version is also expected to come with an auto box. The engine option, however, will only be limited to the current 195PS 2.2-litre diesel.
Significant changes are expected to the interiors of the Santa Fe though. Like the new SUV's exteriors, its interiors too will be more modern in every way. Expect the material quality, finish and texture to improve and equipment levels will be better and class-leading too. Plus, the new Santa Fe will further build upon the older car's strong points like the comfortable and roomy cabin and a sorted ride and handling package.
Besides the new Santa Fe, Hyundai will also launch the Grand i10 based sub-4m sedan and the all new i20 in 2014. The Grand i10 sedan is expected by May-June next year while the all-new i20 will roll into showrooms during the festive season in the August-September period.
We have driven the new Hyundai Santa Fe. To read the first drive, click here.
Starts Rs 27.83 Lakhs
- News2020 Kia Picanto revealed, to be launched in Europe in Q3 2020
- NewsBSVI Toyota Fortuner SUV prices increased, now starts from Rs 28.66 lakh
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Maruti Suzuki launches safety accessories
- NewsHyundai unveils 2020 Santa Fe for international markets, on new hybrid-ready platform
- NewsExclusive: BMW R 18 coming to India by Oct-Nov 2020
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!