New Jaguar XJ L launched in India at Rs 98.03 lakh
Jaguar has launched the 2016 model of its luxury saloon, the XJ in India. The XJ currently competes with the Mercedes-Benz S-Class and the BMW 7 Series. The launch comes before BMW's showcase of the new 7 Series at the 2016 Delhi Auto Expo. Jaguar will manufacture the new XJ locally in Pune.
The new XJ gets Jaguars latest double 'J-Blade' design DRLs in the headlights and a new front grillE. At the rear the tail lights are now LED which Jaguar claims are much brighter and energy efficient. The rear bumper has been re-designed as well.
Updates on the new XJ have been carried over to the interior as well. There is a 31.24cm TFT screen instrument panel which can be integrated with the 20.32cm centre console touchscreen to display information on either of the two. The rear cabin gets 25.90cm HD screens for the passengers with massage programs for the seats.
The car will be available with a 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine that puts out 240PS/340Nm and a 3.0-litre turbocharged diesel that puts out 300PS/700Nm. Jaguar claims that the petrol unit reaches the 100kmph mark in 7.9 seconds whereas the diesel unit is capable of reaching the 100kmph mark in 6.2 seconds.
Jaguar has also introduced the All Surface Progress Control (ASPC) technology in the new XJ. The ASPC is a cruise control feature that will work at speeds as low as 3.6kmph, going upto 30kmph. Once activated, the system aids the car in coping with low traction surfaces at a constant speed without inputs from the driver.
Prices for the new Jaguar XJ start at Rs 98.03 lakh for the Premium Luxury Diesel variant, going up to Rs 1.05 crore for the Diesel Portfolio variant. There is only one petrol variant on offer called the Petrol Portfolio, priced at Rs 99.23 lakh.
Starts Rs 99.56 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.2 Crore
Starts Rs 1.36 Crore
- NewsPrices of Renault Kwid hatchback to be hiked by three per cent from April 1 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's new six-speed transmission spotted
- NewsBajaj and Piaggio auto rickshaws in UK as Ola starts service in Liverpool
- NewsF1: Mick Schumacher to make Formula 1 debut at Bahrain young drivers test
- NewsBSVI updated 2019 Aprilia SR125 scooter spotted uncamouflaged on test
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip