New Maruti Suzuki Ertiga spotted testing before August 2018 launch
A new video of the next generation Maruti Suzuki Ertiga has emerged on the internet before its expected India launch in August 2018. The video shows the new car to have a longer rear overhang; a new, wider Ciaz-inspired taillamp split by the tailgate and a squared-off rear design with a steeper rake on the rear windscreen. Earlier spy shots of the car had revealed a larger front grille and a subtle character line running along the length of the car. The car also looks wider than earlier and is now shod with bigger (16 inch) wheels. Projector lens headlamps and LED DRLs can also be expected.
The new Ertiga will be based on the Heartect platform which it will share with the Swift and Baleno. This means that the new car will be significantly lighter and more spacious than the outgoing model. Engine options, as has been the case with recent Maruti launches, will be carried over from the present gen cars. The current Ertiga is powered by a 1.3-litre turbocharged diesel motor (90PS/200Nm) and a 1.4-litre petrol (92PS/130Nm). Transmission duties will be fulfilled by a 5-speed manual or an AMT option later in the car's life.
The interiors should also get an upgrade with the major addition being the Android Auto/Apple Carplay-integrated infotainment system from other Maruti cars. Auto climate control, auto headlamps, rain-sensing wipers and other features from the Swift and Baleno will also likely be seen inside. Overall materials quality and fit and finish levels can also be expected to improve.
The new Ertiga will primarily compete with the upcoming Mahindra U321 MPV, given that the Toyota Innova Crysta is now a more upmarket proposition. While the earlier car was a reasonably good seller for Maruti Suzuki, it was hampered by its lack of interior space. This new version will try to remedy that while providing a better-finished car altogether.Price (Ex-Delhi)
Starts Rs 6.18 LakhsDisplacement
Starts Rs 13.52 LakhsDisplacement
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Image gallery Leg 1
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Leg 1 sets the event rolling today with SS 1 to SS 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer