New Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class spotted testing
Spy images have appeared on the internet of the new Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class. Although no announcement has been made, the Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class can be expected to debut internationally sometime in the latter half of this year, given that these test mules look more or less production ready.
The exterior of the new car seems to follow the design language seen on Its latest offerings like the new A-Class and the new CLS-Class. This means that the design incorporates organic curves, rounded edges and a squat look. The front gets the new-shape angular headlamps and a prominent grille. The front bumpers also seem to have taken on a more aggressive look. The SUV gets a large glass area while the rear of the car is relatively simple, with wide tail lamps extending into the tailgate.
The interior consists of the now common floating twin-screen layout of Mercedes cars. A noticeable change is the four, square AC vents, instead of the round, turbine-like units seen on the company's sedans. A pair of grab-handles placed on the transmission tunnel also strengthen this car's credentials as a lifestyle offering.
Engine options should be shared with the current E-Class. This means a 2.0-litre four-cylinder and a 3.0-litre six-cylinder in petrol and diesel options as well as the 4.0-litre V8 in the AMG version. A 48-volt electrical system and the nine-speed auto seen on the latest CLS-Class should be offered.
The GLE-Class in its present form has been around since 2012, first launching as the ML-Class. The SUV has been updated regularly but expectedly falls short of newer rivals like the BMW X5, Audi Q7 and Range Rover Sport. This new change should bring in Mercedes' latest tech and improved driver engagement to what should be a popular offering for the brand.
Starts Rs 64.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 76.9 Lakhs
- NewsTVS Racing to debut the race version of the Ntorq scooter, the Ntorq SXR at INRC Nashik
- NewsLand Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol engine
- FeaturesBest driving routes: Maneybhanjang to Sandakphu
- NewsToyota looking to produce and jointly sell models developed by Maruti Suzuki
- News2018 Ford EcoSport S Ecoboost and EcoSport Signature Edition image gallery
- NewsDodge Viper could be reborn in 2020 but without a V10 engine
- Review2018 Hyundai Creta facelift first drive review
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus P4 continues to arrive at dealerships selectively
- NewsMV Agusta Brutale 800 RR Lewis Hamilton special edition launched