New Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class spotted testing
Spy images have appeared on the internet of the new Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class. Although no announcement has been made, the Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class can be expected to debut internationally sometime in the latter half of this year, given that these test mules look more or less production ready.
The exterior of the new car seems to follow the design language seen on Its latest offerings like the new A-Class and the new CLS-Class. This means that the design incorporates organic curves, rounded edges and a squat look. The front gets the new-shape angular headlamps and a prominent grille. The front bumpers also seem to have taken on a more aggressive look. The SUV gets a large glass area while the rear of the car is relatively simple, with wide tail lamps extending into the tailgate.
The interior consists of the now common floating twin-screen layout of Mercedes cars. A noticeable change is the four, square AC vents, instead of the round, turbine-like units seen on the company's sedans. A pair of grab-handles placed on the transmission tunnel also strengthen this car's credentials as a lifestyle offering.
Engine options should be shared with the current E-Class. This means a 2.0-litre four-cylinder and a 3.0-litre six-cylinder in petrol and diesel options as well as the 4.0-litre V8 in the AMG version. A 48-volt electrical system and the nine-speed auto seen on the latest CLS-Class should be offered.
The GLE-Class in its present form has been around since 2012, first launching as the ML-Class. The SUV has been updated regularly but expectedly falls short of newer rivals like the BMW X5, Audi Q7 and Range Rover Sport. This new change should bring in Mercedes' latest tech and improved driver engagement to what should be a popular offering for the brand.
Also see: 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE | First Drive Review
Starts Rs 73.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 74.9 Lakhs
- News2020 MG Hector Plus launched in India: Variants and prices explained
- NewsRenault India announces discounts on servicing and accessories
- NewsMG Hector Plus SUV launched in India, prices start from Rs 13.48 lakh
- NewsAll-new Triumph Speed Triple spotted testing, could be powered by a 1,200cc triple
- NewsLive updates: MG Hector India launch, prices, features, variants, specifications and details
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block