Exclusive: New nomenclature for diesel powered cars from Mercedes-Benz India
Earlier last year, Mercedes-Benz announced that their new models will start with a revised nomenclature. Thus were born the new GLE and GLC cars. While both those cars are expected to make their way to the Indian market soon, the company has already started changing the way it names its diesel cars.
Previously, all Mercedes-Benz India diesel models had the CDI badging, however, that is now being replaced with a simple 'd'. This is similar to how BMW names its diesel cars - the 'd' will be a suffix.
While the company has started this naming procedure with the new S-Class, a Mercedes-Benz official said that all future diesel cars from the manufacturer will carry this badging.
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
- NewsUpcoming Tata Altroz turbo-petrol specs and prices leaked ahead of launch
- NewsFirst-ever Hyundai i20 N Line revealed, with same mechanicals but sportier looks
- Review2020 Skoda Rapid TSI automatic road test review
- News2020 Honda CB 350 launch in India: Top five highlights
- News2020 Honda CB 350 rivals in India: Royal Enfield Classic 350, Benelli imperiale 400, Jawa Perak, Bajaj Dominar 400 and RE Meteor 350