New Porsche Cayenne to be launched in India in July 2018
Porsche India will launch the new Cayenne here in July next year. The all-new Porsche Cayenne was unveiled this August and is the third generation of the SUV. The SUV uses the same MLB platform as the Bentley Bentayga as well as the Audi Q7.
The standard Porsche Cayenne gets a 340PS/450Nm 3.0-litre six-cylinder turbo petrol and is claimed to do 0-100kmph in 6.2 seconds
Gone is the array of buttons around the centre console and gear lever in the new Porsche Cayenne. Instead, Porsche has given a haptic feedback-enabled touchpad like the one in the Porsche, which works like Apple's 3D Touch technology
The standard Porsche Cayenne gets a 340PS/450Nm 3.0-litre six-cylinder turbo petrol and is claimed to do 0-100kmph in 6.2 seconds (5.9 seconds with the optional Sports Chrono Package), with a top speed of 245kmph. The Porsche Cayenne S in the meanwhile will get a twin-turbo 440PS/550Nm 2.9-litre V6 petrol. Porsche claims it will hit a top speed of 265kmph, while 0-100kmph comes up in 5.2 seconds (4.9 seconds with the optional Sports Chrono Package). Like the Audi Q7, even the Porsche Cayenne gets a revised and shorter ratio 8-speed gearbox. Adding to those numbers are the lower kerb weight of the new Porsche Cayenne - less by 55kg.
2018 Porsche will be launched in June 2018
The new Porsche Cayenne also features the Porsche Traction Management system which works with the all-wheel-drive system to distribute power to each of the axles according to the terrain and the selected mode. There are five drive modes to choose from - Onroad, Mud, Gravel, Sand and Rocks.
Porsche has also unveiled the 557PS bi-turbo V8 engined Cayenne at the 2017 Frankfurt Auto Show. Globally, this SUV will go on sale in June 2018. Bookings are expected to begin soon thereafter in India as well. Porsche though has opened the order books for the Cayenne and Cayenne S in Germany for Rs 56.98 lakh and Rs 70.03 lakh respectively. In India, the Porsche Cayenne prices are expected to go up by at least Rs 20 lakh from the current prices given the current taxation scenario.
Starts Rs 1.19 Crore
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.78 Crore
Starts Rs 2.03 Crore
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000