New South Wales Police adds the Lexus RC F to their fleet
When we read about the police getting a snazzy sportscar, more often than not, it has to be from Dubai. Their fleet boasts the McLaren MP4-12C, Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, Bugatti Veyron and many more. But this time the news isn't about the Dubai police getting a sportscar as part of its fleet. Instead it is the New South Wales police department who have added the Lexus RC F in their fleet.
However, do not expect this Lexus RC F to be chasing the bad guys as NSW plans to use it as a publicity vehicle. It will take part in community activities as well as participate in the MS Sydney to the Gong Ride which helps raise funds for the ones affected by Multiple Sclerosis.
"It gives us great pleasure to provide the NSW Police with a stunning RC F coupe to assist them with their important task of promoting safety on our roads," said Lexus Australia chief executive Peter McGregor. He further added, "It's a critical issue for all road users as we enter the Easter period and colder months of the year.
The 5.0-litre V8 motor in the Lexus RC F makes 467PS and 527Nm. The 8-speed automatic transmission sends power to the rear wheels, with Lexus qouting a top speed of 270kmph. Lexus also states that the RC F can do a 0-100kmph dash in 4.4 seconds. The front wheels come with Brembo six-piston monoblock calipers while the rear gets Brembo four-piston monoblocks.
Starts Rs 12 Crore
- FeaturesWhy the Historic Monaco Grand Prix should be on your bucket list
- NewsMG Motor to launch all-electric SUV in India by 2020
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover