New South Wales Police adds the Lexus RC F to their fleet
When we read about the police getting a snazzy sportscar, more often than not, it has to be from Dubai. Their fleet boasts the McLaren MP4-12C, Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, Bugatti Veyron and many more. But this time the news isn't about the Dubai police getting a sportscar as part of its fleet. Instead it is the New South Wales police department who have added the Lexus RC F in their fleet.
However, do not expect this Lexus RC F to be chasing the bad guys as NSW plans to use it as a publicity vehicle. It will take part in community activities as well as participate in the MS Sydney to the Gong Ride which helps raise funds for the ones affected by Multiple Sclerosis.
"It gives us great pleasure to provide the NSW Police with a stunning RC F coupe to assist them with their important task of promoting safety on our roads," said Lexus Australia chief executive Peter McGregor. He further added, "It's a critical issue for all road users as we enter the Easter period and colder months of the year.
The 5.0-litre V8 motor in the Lexus RC F makes 467PS and 527Nm. The 8-speed automatic transmission sends power to the rear wheels, with Lexus qouting a top speed of 270kmph. Lexus also states that the RC F can do a 0-100kmph dash in 4.4 seconds. The front wheels come with Brembo six-piston monoblock calipers while the rear gets Brembo four-piston monoblocks.
Starts Rs 12 Crore
- NewsTata H5X SUV and 45X hatchback launch timelines revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG G63 6x6 inspires the BAIC BJ80 6x6 in China, showcased at Auto China 2018
- NewsFord to stop selling Fiesta, Fusion, and Taurus sedans in North America
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina and Hybrid Kinetic Group unveil K350 all-electric SUV concept at Auto China 2018
- NewsAuto China 2018: Mercedes-Benz C-Class L shown
- FeaturesImage gallery: Shaken and Stirred May 2018
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3