New Triumph Scrambler 1200 teased before October 24 reveal
Triumph Motorcycles UK has just teased its new Scrambler 1200 in a video on its social media. The Triumph Scrambler 1200 is slated for an official reveal on October 24. This means it will make its debut at EICMA 2018 in November. From the details revealed in earlier spy shots and the teaser video, the all-new Triumph Scrambler 1200 will likely be a direct rival to the Ducati Scrambler 1100 launched recently in India. Going by the spy images, this off-road oriented version of the Triumph Bonneville has an equipment list that includes long travel suspension, powerful motor, and a host of other additions over the regular Bonnie.
Reports suggest the 1200cc motor powering the new Triumph Scrambler 1200 will pack in additional torque, similar to the tune offered in the Bobber. The Street Scrambler comes with a 900cc motor that puts out 55PS and 78.84Nm. Whereas the new Scrambler 1200 could make 77PS and 100Nm, offering more grunt across the powerband. We also expect Triumph to offer riding modes on the Scrambler 1200, in addition to the ride-by-wire throttle, ABS and traction control that should make this a fun offering especially on broken surfaces.
As seen from the test bikes, the Triumph Scrambler 1200 comes with twin Brembo monoblocs that should be effective in controlling this bigger off-road adventure machine. Also, the Scrambler 1200 is expected to come equipped with long travel Showa USD forks and Ohlins twin-shocks mounted on a new longer swingarm. Even the suspension travel is expected to go up considerably, also further increasing the seat height and a reported ground clearance of 200mm. Similar to the XC series of the Triumph Tiger, the Scrambler 1200 too might opt for a 21-inch front wheel with wire spokes and tubeless tyres.
The other set of equipment that the Scrambler 1200 sports include a large bash plate, reinforced handguards and brush guards. The test mules are not yet production ready and this can be seen with the exposed wiring. However, it does reveal the minimalist styling of the Bonnie with LED headlight and analogue instrumentation.
Here's the teaser video:
Starts Rs 7,27,000
Starts Rs 11,11,500
- News2019 Nissan GT-R prices for the U.S. market announced
- NewsTata Nexon SUV becomes first Indian-origin car to score five-star Global NCAP rating
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing
- NewsThe Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign concept is headed to production in 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV seven-seater version to debut in 2019, one of three major Tata launches next year
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Skoda Scala
- News2019 Skoda Scala premium hatchback unveiled internationally
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India crosses the 40 lakh sales milestone
- Review2019 Tata Harrier first drive review