New TVS Apache RTR 200 4V images and technical specifications leaked
Detailed images and technical specifications of the new TVS Apache RTR 200 4V have been leaked on the Internet.
The Apache RTR 200 4V looks striking with its street fighter styling. The head lamp gets mean looking pilot LEDs above which sits the all-digital instrument cluster. The fuel tank looks large and feature, what look like pseudo air vents. A larger belly pan is attached below the engine and contrasts well with the blacked out motor. The rear cowl is sleeker with an LED tail lamp. The seats are of the split type with the rear seat placed much higher than what we've seen in competition such as the Bajaj Pulsar 200NS.
The chassis is all new and the Apache RTR 200 4V is the first TVS motorcycle to feature a monoshock at the rear. The Apache RTR 160 and 180 have really good handling and one can expect TVS to endow the Apache RTR 200 4V with similar or better capabilities. The only let down in the smaller capacity siblings are the tyres which were unable to keep up with the potential of the chassis. Hopefully, TVS may have found out a way around this problem with the new motorcycle. The petal shaped disc brakes may be larger than the Apache RTR 180 and TVS may also launch an ABS equipped version too.
As per the leaked specifications chart, the engine is a single cylinder, four-valve air-oil cooled, carbureted unit that displaces 197.7cc. It produces 21.61PS@8,500rpm and 18.1Nm@7,000rpm.
TVS will launch the new Apache RTR 200 4V in India on January 20, 2016. Watch this space for a detailed first ride report and pricing details.
Image source: Gaadiwaadi.com
Starts Rs 1,07,885
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907