New TVS Apache RTR 200 variants explained
TVS has launched the highly anticipated RTR 200 at Rs 88,990 (ex-showroom Delhi) in India. This is the price for the base variant which comes with a carburetor and TVS tyres.
There will be three other variants on offer a carburetted version with Pirelli tyres, and two fuel injected version, with an option of TVS or Pirelli tyres. By March 2016, TVS also would offer ABS which will be a two-channel system with rear wheel lift protection, as an option too. This will bring up the number of variants to eight. The top-end variant will thus come equipped with fuel-injection, Pirelli tyres and ABS and TVS indicated that its price should be around Rs 1.15 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
The new Apache RTR 200 4V is powered by an ALL-NEW 197.7cc single-cylinder four-valve motor. The carbureted version makes 20.5PS of power and 18.1Nm of torque while the fuel injected version produces a slightly higher 21PS. Both these motors come with a 5-speed gearbox.
The RTR 200 sits on a completely new Double Cradle Split Synchro Stiff Frame, that is TVS' name for a new frame where the engine is hung as a stressed member.
The design of the Apache RTR 200 looks sharp and fresh and closely resembles the Draken concept showcased at the 2014 Auto Expo the highlights here are the tiny headlight, DRLs and the all-digital instrumental cluster. TVS offers a range of matte colours on the new Apache. Read more in our new TVS Apache RTR 200 4V first ride review
Starts Rs 1,07,885
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show