New TVS Apache RTR 200 variants explained
TVS has launched the highly anticipated RTR 200 at Rs 88,990 (ex-showroom Delhi) in India. This is the price for the base variant which comes with a carburetor and TVS tyres.
There will be three other variants on offer a carburetted version with Pirelli tyres, and two fuel injected version, with an option of TVS or Pirelli tyres. By March 2016, TVS also would offer ABS which will be a two-channel system with rear wheel lift protection, as an option too. This will bring up the number of variants to eight. The top-end variant will thus come equipped with fuel-injection, Pirelli tyres and ABS and TVS indicated that its price should be around Rs 1.15 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
The new Apache RTR 200 4V is powered by an ALL-NEW 197.7cc single-cylinder four-valve motor. The carbureted version makes 20.5PS of power and 18.1Nm of torque while the fuel injected version produces a slightly higher 21PS. Both these motors come with a 5-speed gearbox.
The RTR 200 sits on a completely new Double Cradle Split Synchro Stiff Frame, that is TVS' name for a new frame where the engine is hung as a stressed member.
The design of the Apache RTR 200 looks sharp and fresh and closely resembles the Draken concept showcased at the 2014 Auto Expo the highlights here are the tiny headlight, DRLs and the all-digital instrumental cluster. TVS offers a range of matte colours on the new Apache. Read more in our new TVS Apache RTR 200 4V first ride review
Starts Rs 1,07,885
- NewsNew Maruti Suzuki Ertiga features detailed in new video
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launched in India at Rs 7.45 lakh
- NewsRange Rover Velar SVR spotted testing at the Nurburgring
- FeaturesThis might just be India's quickest accelerating Maruti Suzuki Swift!
- FeaturesAuxiliary lights for motorcycles: Everything that you should know
- NewsPirelli inaugurates its first tyre centre in Vadodara
- NewsFormula E: Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar to debut at Berlin ePrix
- NewsSkoda Kamiq unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsTVS holds its first event for the south chapter of the Apache owners group
- Review2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 first ride review